Livewire

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
BobUme
Livewire

Post by BobUme »

Hi,

I read that the latest version has support for Axia Livewire. I'm now testing 4.04.18 (demo version) but can't find any settings for Livewire.

What do you support? Livewire audio (native, without having Axia IP audio drivers) ? or/and Livewire GPIO (LVRP)

Please tell me more, and how I use it in your software, Livewire it self I have and know how it works.

Bobby
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Livewire

Post by radio42 »

Both are supported. The Axia IP audio drivers do work like any other sound device and need no special settings, as they are supported within the mixer channel setup like any outher driver.
The Livewire GPIO is supported (like other GPIO devices&/protocols) from within the GPIO Extension client.
Make sure you enabled the "GPIO Ext. Service" within the general settings, section 'GPIO'. This will automatically start the GPIO client application. In this GPIO client application you can now select the Livewire tab to configure your mappings.

In addition Livewire+ control-commands and macros have been added, e.g. EXEC_SEND_LIVEWIRE1/2_GET/SET/SEND or ${LIVEWIRE1/2:GPI port pin}.
See the appendix of the user manual for details about these commands/macros.
The Livewire+ mapping defines either a GPO or GPI type, a Port and a Pin and allows you to react on any pin state value change.
The Livewire+ GPIO interface allows full 2-way communication with any Livewire+ supported device, e.g. from Axia.
BobUme

Post by BobUme »

Hi,

Okay I see, so you have no native support for Livewire audio built in, I must have Axia IP drivers installed, which as you say emulate and looks like a sound card for Windows. I'm I correct?

Bobby
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Correct.
Note, that there is no way to have an audio driver 'build-in' into an application - ProppFrexx still FULLY supports any installed Axia IP driver natively! Any audio driver (incl. AoIP drivers) needs to be installed seperately on your Windows machine.
I could have theoretically bundled the Axia IP driver with my application and have it installed together - but I don't like this approach much, as other users want to use Dante AoIP drivers or even others... thus I leave it to the user to install them all separately.