Whats with the debug option?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Whats with the debug option?

Post by Bumperke »

Bernd,

Everytime when we reboot PF on our server (once every week and during updates) in the properties the debug is enable again. And everytime before reboot we save the last setting including the fact that debug is disabled. But each and everytime, after a restart this option is enabled. Is that correct? As you know, i'm not very found of this option because it once created a major crash.
DEBUGGING keeps acual.jpg
Will
Bumperke
Re: Whats with the debug option?

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 26 Feb 2018 09:49 If this is enabled every time you start ProppFrexx, then you MUST have started ProppFrexx with the "-debug" command-line option.
This command-line option MUST have been added manually by yourself... so make sure you remove this command-line option.
...as by default the "Debug Logging" option is explicitly disabled with every restart.
That's what is said, everytime before we reboot the system, we are sure that this radiobutton is disabled. When we restart PF again and check it is enable again. So i don't understand what you're saying ? Clearly we don not understand each other.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you did not understand.
I was talking about the "-debug" command-line option and NOT the check-box in the general settings!

The "-debug" command-line option is specified when starting the "ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe", e.g. in your desktop link.

Maybe you are also using the ProppFrexx Watcher application to (re)start your ProppFrexx ONAIR instance, which also remembers the initial start (command-line) parameters.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 26 Feb 2018 12:15 Maybe you did not understand.
I was talking about the "-debug" command-line option and NOT the check-box in the general settings!

The "-debug" command-line option is specified when starting the "ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe", e.g. in your desktop link.

Maybe you are also using the ProppFrexx Watcher application to (re)start your ProppFrexx ONAIR instance, which also remembers the initial start (command-line) parameters.
Oké, that makes sence :D
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If this is enabled every time you start ProppFrexx, then you MUST have started ProppFrexx with the "-debug" command-line option.
This command-line option MUST have been added manually by yourself... so make sure you remove this command-line option.
...as by default the "Debug Logging" option is explicitly disabled with every restart.