Overlay Slot Error

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Overlay Slot Error

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd,

When Working with Automation Mode some of my overlays being skipped and not played
after checking the advertising log i found this error:

"018 10:58:27 PM: OverlayScheduler: WARNING: Overlay 'Tue_2300-Tue_2300@2018-04-03T23:00:00' was suppressed (Current Track in 'Night 2018 @ 4/3/2018 9:55:00 PM' contains Overlay Trigger)."

I don't know what does this error means, and i have no option like Overlay Trigger is enabled, could you please explain and help?

Thanks in advance.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay Slot Error

Post by radio42 »

This means, that the given track contains a track event with an explicit "OVERLAY_TRIGGER" control-command contained in it.
As this track event needs to be explicitly defined (this is nothing which can be put into the track manually) - it must have been done by you or anyone else in your team.

The "OVERLAY_TRIGGER" control-command is actually manually triggering the play out of a certain overlay. As such, when this command is detected in the currently playing track, while the automatic overlay is about to start - that automatic overlay is suppress (to avoid any duplicate play out).
That is what the message is tying to tell.
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

What i understood that there is an OVERLAY_Trigger option marked up with a certain track which supressing the overlay from playing

now all i need to know exactly where is this option could be marked, do you mean that it's marked in a certain track in the Overlay itself? or in the played playlist? or on the overlay?

how to define the place of this command exactly?
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

ok i have an update, now i have found some of my tracks witch has an option marked "SuppressOverLay" which i have never checked this option on, the issue is that i have found many tracks this option is checked in and identifying all tracks and remove the option from them is impossible, how can i select all the tracks in my library and remove this option form them at once?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It should actually be a track insert event you should look for. Eg. open the TAG Editor and go to Track event tab and look at the event entries.

Both, the option found as well as the track insert are both are never applied automatically.
Maybe you set this in your script.
Please send me that track in question via mail or download link to take a look at.
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

i have found many tracks that have the option "SupressOverlay" turned on and i cant identify how did they got this option in the first place over 7 years working PFOA, now i need to find a method to fix this either to select all the audio tracks from my library and remove this option form all tracks at once or mark an option command in all of the script lines to clear all the options form the track when selecting it to be played, does either of the two options applicable ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2092&p=10539#p10539

Still this "SuppressOverlay" flag wouldn't mach the log message you posted - so I am afraid it wouldn't solve your initial issue!
That's why I wanted to look at a sample track to give you a concrete example.