syndication & regional program

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
syndication & regional program

Post by moogwill »

I Bernd,

I'd like to start a broadcast in a new area. Using my actual program and some local adverts. this is quiet clear explained in here.
The second thing, and that's the purpose of this thread: I'd like to have for a specific time, every weekday, a local programm using the same music, a few local ids, and a different DJ (or at least different VTs). I assume I need a second computer (for the local adertising zones as explained in here). but can this same computer play a VT local program, using the same playlist than the main station? And how to do it?

Hope my explanation is clear enough,
Thanks,
radio42
Site Admin
Re: syndication & regional program

Post by radio42 »

In the regional setup (as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1744) handles the regional advert/news.
As you can see in the setup, the 2nd regional instance takes it audio feed directly from the main instance as a direct input.
However, the 2nd regional instance by default doesn't use it's program scheduler at all by default.
Still, it could use it. This means, you can setup and add local programs on this 2nd instance and do VT on it. However, this would be totally independent programs to be defined on this 2nd regional instance. The only thing you would have to take care of is to mute and unmute the main audio feed when using/running these local programs.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Diggin out an old thread here... it’s been a while since I asked for regional and local program, but that’s it we start our second zone at fall ! I will start to install this in the next days and will test it during summer.

I have a new question about eventual parallel jingles and eventually parallel voice tracking.

I was yesterday in another station of my area while I was programming and installing their new sound processing, on RCS Zetta , you can do some automatic parallel local ids jingles on each zones, that plays in sync in the program. Same for voice tracking you can set two VT at the same time for each zone!!! That’s clever ;-) then you can have a single program for all areas and only specific local ids and vt at a specific time. Do you think it’s posssible to achieve ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The regional planning is ProppFrexx is designed around Overlays/Adverts.
However, as you have to run to independent ProppFrexx instances anyhow on each location, you can of course set them up from a Program Scheduler point of view totally independent.
This allows you to share certain Media and Script Libs, but have to maintain the Program Scheduler independent. Which also allows you to do independent VT etc.

Note, that I am on holiday til the 1.8.2020....
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Thanks for this answer, enjoy your summertime ... will get back to you in august if needed, maybe if you can then, you can think about this for the future. I will try to get a video demo of this zetta dun toon, it’s very interesting!!
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi Again, first this request does not need any prompt answer, it can for sure wait till your back from holliday. maybe someone allready know the answer, that even would be better :)

as we are used to do a lot of vt and RVT on our station, we're always using resolved overlays to get a proper vision of time and ensure to our shows a lenght that fit our needs. As we're planning to switch to multi region, we're gonna need to use normal overlays instead.
How can we know the exact place of the overlay in the scheduled playlist as we're recording?
and, what about the estimated hour that should be shifted from the lenght of those overlays?

to explain by a concrete situation: in a three hour program, if you have one minute overlay in the first hour, and 2 overlays of 2mn in the second hour, then at the beginining of the third hour, when it suposed to be H:00 it will be: H:00+1+4 ?? or did I missed something???

Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, that is all correct.
Theoretically you might add some placeholders to the script/playlist at the approx. positions to at least cater for the total length.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Can those place holders also be the trigger of the overlay?? I mean, if you want to do for example a pre ad teaser with hooks, you need to be sure that the next track is the Adblock.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Currently not.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

It's probably something needed by many users working with VT and RVT.
As long as only 1 area was on air, embeeded containers were doing the job.
most of the time, a teaser before the breaks is needed. a simple container with estimated time, and a simple start overlay control should do the trick.

I have a very specific question about the multiregion, what about meta data ? it needs to be replicated to the second computer, right ???