syndication & regional program

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
Re: syndication & regional program

Post by moogwill »

will try to be more clear sorry,

in the overlay scheduler, when an overlay is created there's options, if you select "as playlist insert" master won't start the slave.
but it seems it's the only way to maintain the overlay at it's original time for RVT.

I'm maybe wrong, but in case of a RVT playlist, is it possible that the overlays would be delayed of the added length of the previous overlays?

example: in a 3 hour program, if an overlay is set to play a "2mn news flash" at 6 and 8, first would be on time , but 8 would be played at 8+2mn.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2021-03-24 à 05.28.58.png
radio42
Site Admin
Re: syndication & regional program

Post by radio42 »

As said, Overlay contained in the playlist as playlist inserts are also scheduled on all slaves when played by the master. I tested this and it is working.
However, note, that overlays (when added to a playlist) do play as an individual item from within the playlist itself, e.g. not being played from the overlay player, but instead played by the DJPLayer of the playlist as a regular item. Still the slave overlay playout is triggered as well (in case of a multi-region advert setup).

But to your question: if it is possible that the overlays would be delayed by the added length of the previous overlays
The answer is: No.
Think of the following scenario: you have a 3 hour program in which you schedule 11 overlays, each 2 minutes long. The last overlay is originally scheduled at 15:50 (program ends at 16:00). If I would add up the overlay length, the new target time would in this case be 15:50 + 20min. = 16:10.
I.e. behind the effective program end.
I guess you don't want that.

The real question is: What do you want?
If for example you want to play the two overlays in your example to play consecutive or even combined one after the other one, you should define for them the exact same start time, but use the overlay 'Prio.' to define the effective order!
Is that what you really want?

As other overlays following (assume one at :15:00 and another one at 45:00) should not be delayed by the duration of the first one - I assume?!

Or what is the exact issue or problem this is causing on your side?