Adjustable time and date in Advert

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Adjustable time and date in Advert

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd.

Is it possible to build a time clock in this app?
E.g. advertiser takes and end time at 17.00 on may 2 . Now i have to count. Is there a good way to program that?
Otherwise it is a definitive wish :D

Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Adjustable time and date in Advert

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what exactly you want to display on that time clock, but there is already a Timecode window panel on which the remaining time of a track as well as any overlay is being displayed. Isn't that what you want.
If not, please describe exactly what should be displayed and for whom and why - many thanks in advance.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 16 Apr 2018 13:50 I am not sure what exactly you want to display on that time clock, but there is already a Timecode window panel on which the remaining time of a track as well as any overlay is being displayed. Isn't that what you want.
If not, please describe exactly what should be displayed and for whom and why - many thanks in advance.
Don't know Bernd. Honestly? I want to end the campaign at 17.05. I selected the date @ may2th. but this add needs to run untill 17.00. Than the scheduler needs to suspend the advert.
Now i select the date, no Time end. Perhaps this feature is already build in. If so, can you please explain this?
Much thxs :)
Will
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 16 Apr 2018 14:57 So I might have totally misunderstood you.
You don't want to have a clock to display something - but you just want a certain advert campaign to end at a certain time of the day.

So far you can only define the end date (day) of a campaign to end, but no explicit end time of that day.
If I get you right you want to extend that, so that you can also specify that time - correct?
That is correct, do i need to assign?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure what you mean by "do I need to assign"?
As said, currently you cannot specifically let a campaign end at a given time, meaning it would end on that given day only.
It now depends how you have used/assigned the campaign to your slots or overlays.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 16 Apr 2018 15:31 Not sure what you mean by "do I need to assign"?
As said, currently you cannot specifically let a campaign end at a given time, meaning it would end on that given day only.
It now depends how you have used/assigned the campaign to your slots or overlays.
The assign button makes it possible to default and add on an certain time. But a simple clock with start and end time would be a great.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid I still do think we have a misunderstanding?!

Do you want to JUST define a date AND time when a campaign automatically expires (as written above)?

Or do you want to have more 'flexibility' when you assign a campaign to either a Slot/Overlay?
Note, that you can already do so within the 'Dynamic Slot/Overlay Assignment' dialog - just click on the 'Filter' combo-box.
Here you can also specify a start and end time to further limit the assignment:
DynamicSlotOverlay Assignment.jpg
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 16 Apr 2018 16:09 I am afraid I still do think we have a misunderstanding?!

Do you want to JUST define a date AND time when a campaign automatically expires (as written above)?
YES
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So I might have totally misunderstood you.
You don't want to have a clock to display something - but you just want a certain advert campaign to end at a certain time of the day.

So far you can only define the end date (day) of a campaign to end, but no explicit end time of that day.
If I get you right you want to extend that, so that you can also specify that time - correct?