Script for programm

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Ahmed Saied
Script for programm

Post by Ahmed Saied »

Hi ,
I have 6 Programs in our radio daily expects Friday , I want to create an script for each one for example X-Program Starts from 10:55 to 14:25 (Approximately 3 hours ) I want to Put my overlays embedded container each half hour e.g : 11:00 OVL , 11:30 OVL , 12:00OVL ,etc.
so i want to make sure everything will be okay and the script will execute everything like Overlays , Intro ,In-shows , Beds , and tracks .
If you have an solution please help me with giving me real example file to execute it for testing .
Thank you for caring , ;)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Script for programm

Post by radio42 »

The easiest way to achieve that is to just define the Overlays as is within the Overlay Scheduler as separate entries.
You now have 2 options to automatically resolve these overlays as embedded containers within your program/playlists.

1) Use the Overlay's 'AsPlaylistInsert' Option (as shown in the below screenshot):
The attachment Overlay AsPlaylistInsert.jpg is no longer available
The disadvantage of this approach is, that the embedded overlay container is resolved at the time when the overlay is about to start (according to the show in advance time).

2) Use the Program's 'ResolveAllOverlaysAsEmbeddedContainers' Option:
This resolves all overlays in that effective program's time range as embedded containers (it also requires the PreScheduleTracksTilEndTime option!).
Overlay AsPlaylistInsert.jpg
Note, that you might also combine this flag with some others:

PreScheduleTracksTilEndTime: Tracks are pre-added to the playlist until the End Time is reached.

ResolveEmbeddedContainersWhenScheduled: Once the program is effectively started, all (dynamic) embedded containers will be resolved to regular containers. E.g. an advert overlay container is resolved to its resulting media entries. But caution any changes to the source (ie. the advert library) would not be reflected anymore. Last minute changes are then impossible. So use it with care!