Overlay Slot was already played !

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Ahmed Saied
Overlay Slot was already played !

Post by Ahmed Saied »

4/29/2018 10:28:31 AM: OverlayScheduler: WARNING: Overlay 'Sun_1030-Sun_1030@2018-04-29T10:30:00' was already played (the same overlay was already started)!
I have this warning , and the soft overlay cannot show in this time only ! can you explain what may be happen ?
And i don't open any playlist contains embedded container of OV_10:30 to tell me was already played ! but i opened playist with name of 10:55 generated playlist and the first embedded container of it OV_11:00 not 10:30 >>>>>>>

Thanks for caring everyday ;)
Ahmed Saied
Re: Overlay Slot was already played !

Post by Ahmed Saied »

Ummmmm , its fine , but i not try to start as 2nd time ,so far its not appeared already !
The attached file .txt contains debugs log from 8:00Am to 10:35Am please open it and explain me what is wrong ! to avoid it in the future
Thank you for caring ;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al9xPkC88oodxUI_j9HenLCb_50a
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

With the debug log I cannot explain this. Before you need to explain me, if the overlay in question was used and played correctly (regardless of the given Warning). So: Was the overlay played?
It might be, that it is just an internal warning and not you, but the system tried it a 2nd time - and corrected that by itself. This might happen internally.
Ahmed Saied

Post by Ahmed Saied »

No My overlay of 10:30 must showing before starting with 1.5 mins to 10:31 not showing any soft overlay to run after the playing track , i cannot imagine why the debug tell me was already started !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you had an overlay in the playlist.
But can take a look to the debug .log by tomorrow.

Maybe you can also provide me your Overlay Scheduler log file as well.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you tried to start it a 2nd time or you (re)started the scheduler and it just triggered a 2nd time.
Was the overlay effectively played or not played at all?
Note, that the entry is just a warning! Please see the full list of log entries to check, if the overlay was played at all ot not.
If it was played, this is as said just a warning and nothing to worry about.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I looked at your Debug log and it was like I expected.
The 10:30 overlay WAS effectively played as an embedded overlay container as part of your playlist.
Thus (in order to prevent it from being played again), it was suppressed during its automatic scheduling given the indicated warning log message.

From your debug log, it looks, like you are sometimes resolving your overlays to the playlist; while you also sometimes play them out via the overlay scheduler.
Note, that once an overlay was resolved to a playlist as an embedded container, no other overlay would be scheduled automatically by default.
Maybe this is because some of your playlists are pre-generated or voice tracks, while others are not.