Midi question

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
edzel
Midi question

Post by edzel »

Hi
so i have mapped faider start and it working fine also when i turn the volume down it eject the player faded.
but now the autoplay does not work as i need to have all the faiders up 100%
Or have i done something wrong?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Midi question

Post by radio42 »

How can say, if you have done something wrong, when I don't even know what you did ;-)

Can you please explain your issue with a bit more details.
E.g. your MIDI remote control of the FaderStart, Volume etc. all seems to relate to the manual operation.
The MIDI remote control mode is MIXER -> ProppFrexx!

AutoPlay however defines the mode, where the DJ Players automatically trigger the playback of the next player when the current one comes to its end.
This of course doesn't mean, that ProppFrexx can somehow magically move your faders on your mixing console up/down (most mixer consoles don't even have motor faders)!

You have two ways to address your issue:
1) as you already described: you need to manually move all faders up when you leave it in automation mode (AutoPlay)
2) you use an 'Alternative Routing' for your automation mode (resp. the manual operations)

To define the 'Alternative Routing' go to the general settings, section 'Routing':
The attachment AlternativeRouting.jpg is no longer available
The Alternative Routing is typically used for any Manual Operations! Ie. define the 'Default Routing' of your DJ Players, so that work fine in Automation Mode!
I suggest to only use a single output (the same) for all DJ Players. This means, that in automation mode you only need to make sure, that this fader is up on your console.

The 'Alternative Routing' is than used for all manual operations (note, that you can toggle this mode automatic/manual) in the main ribbon tab by one click (see the 'Manual Live Assist' button). Ie. in manual mode you might want to assign a different mixer out channels (fader) to each DJ Player individually.
In order to swap the routing based on the 'Manual Live Assist' button state, you can define the mode in the general settings, section 'More Stuff' - click the 'Manual Operation...' button:
AlternativeRouting.jpg
Summay:
The Alternative routing allows you to define different routing of the DJ Players when in Manual Live-Assist mode or in Automation-Mode.
Ie. Multi-Output-Channel usage (multi-faders) or Single-Output (one fader).