News and stuff

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Radiofreak
News and stuff

Post by Radiofreak »

After hours and hours of testing i have a question about the news scheduling. I know that the enterprise version has the Advert&News Management but is it possible to schedule the news in the Professional version aswell? Must i make a script and then schedule it in the overlay or is there another method :?:

So i am testing it and i am so happy with this software but there are some things i am worried about and that is two things viz:
1. every time when i use the VS plugin and I shut PF and then when i try to reopen PF again it won't open and i have to delete the VST plugin first. After deleting the VST plugin i can ope PF. (Plugin Stereotool 64 Bit).

2. Also several times when i want to reopen PF it don't work and i have to delet the "Default.mixer" in the PF map. Do i need a special PC or is this software to sensitive?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: News and stuff

Post by radio42 »

Yes, the News scheduling is of course only available in the Enterprise-Edition.
To your other issues...

1. This behavior is of course not normal, but I cannot reproduce that here at all.
I am testing the latest StereoTool version 9.02 (JULY 23RD 2018) here and got no issues. I also contacted a few other users (which I know they are using StereoTool as well) and they also confirmed, that they don't have any such issue.
So I assume it must indeed be an issue related to your environment somehow.
However, I suggest, that you directly contact StereoTools (Hans) directly, in order to get this resolved, as it pretty much sounds like an issue within StereoTools (rather a ProppFrexx issue) - maybe it is related to a very specific setting or preset that you are using with it?
(I assume, that you are using a registered version)

2. This issue also sounds not normal. Are you changing your hardware/sound cards in between, e.g. adding new sound cards or removing others - adding/removing virtual devices? Maybe this issue is also a reason for 1. issue or the other way around!
Please describe in more details, what exactly is not working in this case? Are you getting a crash, any error - what exactly is happening?
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

radio42 wrote: 12 Sep 2018 08:25 Yes, the News scheduling is of course only available in the Enterprise-Edition.
To your other issues...

So if i understand i can not schedule the news at every hour? That is a problem.

1. This behavior is of course not normal, but I cannot reproduce that here at all.

I will contact Stereotool than.

2. This issue also sounds not normal. Are you changing your hardware/sound cards in between, e.g. adding new sound cards or removing others - adding/removing virtual devices? Maybe this issue is also a reason for 1. issue or the other way around!
Please describe in more details, what exactly is not working in this case? Are you getting a crash, any error - what exactly is happening?
I am changing nothing at all in between. I have set the mixer channels as standard from PF settings (External mixer and external microphone). When i want to reopen PF then it don't want to open up it stucks by creating the mixer settings. First i have to delet the "Default.mixer" in the PF folder. After that it can be open up.
I use a 5.1 soundcard on a 32 bit windows 7 pc. At this moment i use the 64 bit version of PF. A view days ago i tested the 32 bit version of PF and that gives the same problem. A note, i have also Mairlist and PlayoutOne on the same Pc and those software are working without issues.
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

Ok clear enough Bernd. Than it is no option for me probably i am afriad. Thanks for your help anyway...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The only other option I see is, that you just put your News into a seperate folder and use that folder directly from within a script using the ‚LoadFolder‘ script-line mode.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

News: That's is why there is the Enterprise-Edition - so I don't see any issue?!
(the only issue you might see is the cost associated - and I assume discussing this is going nowhere)

As for the restart issue - this indeed sounds like maybe an issue related to the VST.
Can you please try to NO use any VST in your mixer channels and than try to restart PF.
Is that working fine?!
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

When i make a script with "Loadtrack" and a opener and closer it is works fine. In the Overlay scheduler off course..
When i do it with "Loadfolder" it don't work. When i made the script i also take a look at the test"and there is no file visible.

The news file is downloaded every hour and overwritten in a folder.

So i think it's not gonna work in the professional version :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then you probably specified something incorrectly (I assume) - hard to say, maybe you can show me you script with the exact entries in the lines...
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

I have played around and it's working like a charm. Now i have to treat myself with a license :D . Within a view minutes you have a new client ;)