News overlay closing item

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Salland Broadcasting
News overlay closing item

Post by Salland Broadcasting »

Hello Bernd,

We're playing a script for news items which I configured as an overlay in the running playlist. I configure it as following: Newsopener + Bed, 3 clean spoken bulletin items and a closer.
Because the newsopener has a musicbed looped on the background I want the closer to stop the music bed when it starts as last item in the overlay(most likely with a fade of the musicbed).
At this moment I gave the news and musicbed a "next" cue only because the musicbed has to run under the spoken word.
What can I do to let it stop at that point? Now it's continues playing under the closer and that sounds ugly. I hope you have the trick for me! :)

Many thanks in advance!
Maarten
radio42
Site Admin
Re: News overlay closing item

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure exactly how you configured the 'looping Bed' - can you explain this in a bit more details on how exactly you configured your script and your related overlay scheduler entry. THx in advance.
Salland Broadcasting

The "looping' bed is just one WAV file which runs under the news messages in the overlay (I made it 5 minutes long). It starts at the beginning of the overlay and runs till the newscloser starts. At this point, i want the looping bed to fade out so the closer is really the closing of the news bulletin. At this moment the looping bed runs on and stops 3 sec after the first record starts, That's not what I want.
Salland Broadcasting

2.jpg
As you see item 1 is the long musicbed. Items 2 -6 are spoken items, they come over this musicbed. Then number 7 is the closer. At the start of that item i want the music bed to fade out.
Salland Broadcasting

Ah I will try that! I also made another work around, in the script I placed another script as a container. That works fine but only the fading to the closing track doesn’t work here but the musicbed stops playing. Thanks Bernd for now!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Where exactly have you defined that 'looping' bed?
Is it within the 'News Category' as the 'Soundbed' item? If yes, this would automatically 'ONLY' loop during the News track, but not with an Opener or Closer.

So I assume you are NOT using the News Category, but a plain script to play your 'news'.
However, I still do not understand how and where you have configured your 'looping' bed track?

Please post some screenshots of your Overlay Scheduler Entry and Script or whatever you are using, so that I understand your configuration.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is not possible with a script resp. with individual script-lines, ie. you cannot control the playback of one script-line item from other script-line items.
But, as you play the script probably as an Overlay Scheduler item, why don't you remove the 7th script-line item and specify that closer track directly as a Closer of that Overlay Scheduler item?!