Restore older version.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
owienk
Restore older version.

Post by owienk »

hello Bernd,

is it possible to restore an older version of proppfrexx? after installing version v4.0.5.0, the gpio no longer works. now I want to test if it works again when I run version v4.0.4.23.

Thanks for the comment.

best regards,
Otto Wienk.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Restore older version.

Post by radio42 »

Sure, but what exactly should not work? No other user reported any issue with the GPIO so far.

In the Installation folder you‘ll find a ‚Pervious Version‘ sub-folder. You can copy it’s content up into the parent folder to restore.
owienk

Post by owienk »

I have attached a picture of the error message. disabling the firewall did not help. GPIO extension service is on
error message gpio
error message gpio
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This message simply indicates, that the GPIO Client application can not establish a connection to the ProppFrexx ONAIR application.
"Can not connect because the target computer has actively declined the connection"

This can have several reasons:
a) the GPIO Client and ProppFrexx do not run on the same version
b) in ProppFrexx ONAIR is the GPIO exension service not active and running (check if this is enabled in the general settings)
c) you have configured a different port numner in the GPIO client and ProppFrexx ONAIR
d) a Windows Firewall or any other Virus protection service blocks the connection on port :9042
You can also try to delete the 'Server Address' field in the GPIO client completely - it will than try to find the correct address automatically and reconnect.
owienk

Post by owienk »

this works: You can also try to delete the 'Server Address' field in the GPIO client completely - it will than try to find the correct address automatically and reconnect.

Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Than your previously used 'localhost' address (127.0.0.1) doesn't resolve properly - I assume it is now showing as the server address the real physical IP address of that local machine?
If that is the case it might stop working once your local IP address changes, ie. if you don't use a static address.
You can also try to change from providing an IP address to using a DNS name - ie. your computers name instead.
owienk

Post by owienk »

the above does not seem to work anyway. the address bar remains empty, the gpio client indicates that it is connected, but the mixer's sliders and buttons do not work. As soon as I put the link back in the address bar, I get the error message again. I'm pretty sure I have all the settings right. Another setup, with these settings does work.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When you get a connection from the GPIO client to ProppFrexx ONAIR, then you probably have an issue with connection to your mixer?!

As the other setup is working, it looks like it must be a local issue. Eg. a cable issue?
Is the other working setup using the same mixer? If yes, I guess the mixer only allows one client to connect.
owienk

Post by owienk »

The commands do arrive from the mixer in the monitor of the gpio.
The problem is really in the connection from the gpio client to proppfrexx.

The other system is a completely separate studio with the same equipment. (D & R Airence mixer and proppfrexx)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As already said above:
This can have several reasons:
a) the GPIO Client and ProppFrexx do not run on the same version
b) in ProppFrexx ONAIR is the GPIO exension service not active and running (check if this is enabled in the general settings)
c) you have configured a different port numner in the GPIO client and ProppFrexx ONAIR
d) a Windows Firewall or any other Virus protection service blocks the connection on port :9042
You can also try to delete the 'Server Address' field in the GPIO client completely - it will than try to find the correct address automatically and reconnect.

If nothing of this works to make a connection it must be a local system issue which blocks the traffic if it is not a firewall, maybe it is a antivirus protection system blocking it?