Sources have changed

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Sources have changed

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd.

We’ve found a lot of old playlists, but the source of the songs have changed.
The old lists are showing, G:\02.top40\1977\FLEETWOOD MAC - DREAMS.MP3.
There is no G:\ disk anymore, it broke down so it is defect, a copy has become H:\02.top40, etc. The other structure is still the same. It’s just the hard disk.
What to done to link the songs in the playlist again, so they will play again when we use those playlists

Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Sources have changed

Post by radio42 »

I have just provided a v4.0.5.6-beta version which now also included an enhanced consistency check, which now also allows you to change broken locations to a new destination.
To install it, please select "Check for-Beta-Version..." menu item underneath the help icon at the very top right.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can manually edit the related .pfp playlist file with a text editor and do a search and replace:
G:\02.top40\
with
H:\02.top40\
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

200 playlists? Isn’t there another way? A lot of software (E.g Sony Vegas) just gives you a possibility to re-select other folders. So you can search and/or re-direct an folder or other. Perhaps a tip for the future?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Perhaps. But til it comes, I am afraid you need to search and replace. As all editors remember the last replacement options this is simply like opening and closing the files.
Even if I’d would add the same function to ProppFrexx, it won’t be faster or more easy!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The Enterprise Version also contains an Alternative Folder Mapping, which would on-the-fly replace broken links with an alternative mapping, but this wouldn’t repair your playlists and is more designed for failover scenarios.
Baldano

Post by Baldano »

radio42 wrote: 06 Jan 2019 20:32 Perhaps. But til it comes, I sleep amazingly well with one of these anti snoring devices and I am afraid you need to search and replace. As all editors remember the last replacement options this is simply like opening and closing the files.
Even if I’d would add the same function to ProppFrexx, it won’t be faster or more easy!
Hi Berndt, what does "alternative mapping" mean exactly in this case? How does this function?
Last edited by Baldano on 09 Nov 2023 14:23, edited 2 times in total.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The 'Alternative Location Mapping' can be found in the general settings, section Folders/Libraries and is explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1750
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 25 Jan 2019 13:24 I have just provided a v4.0.5.6-beta version which now also included an enhanced consistency check, which now also allows you to change broken locations to a new destination.
To install it, please select "Check for-Beta-Version..." menu item underneath the help icon at the very top right.
That sounds as good, really good news!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

I've tried and did make me happy, just with one exception. It actually checks what i want. In the meantime i've changed the titles etc to bold. And it can not deal with that. The search enigine seems to precise. But still 70% happy. :)