D&R Airlite

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
erik1975
Re: D&R Airlite

Post by erik1975 »

Can someone help me please, i bought proppfrexx 4 because i have an airlite. Ik was thinking that it was plug and play, not knowing you have to be an expert to setup things rigt...

i want to blink the lights of the cardwall and i want to start with the buttons to play jingles at cardwall and players
but i don't understand a bit of it.

it's all about commands and parameters wich i do not know nothing about
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

erik1975 wrote: 06 Apr 2020 19:14 Can someone help me please, i bought proppfrexx 4 because i have an airlite. Ik was thinking that it was plug and play, not knowing you have to be an expert to setup things rigt...

i want to blink the lights of the cardwall and i want to start with the buttons to play jingles at cardwall and players
but i don't understand a bit of it.

it's all about commands and parameters wich i do not know nothing about
Welcome Erik, check the youtube video from Benjamin, maybe that’s what you want
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well integrating with all sorts of external equipment is unfortunately not 100% plug and play - but still just a few steps.
I assume, that the provided files (see below) should give you almost exactly that functionality.
At what point are you stuck with the instructions given (note that the sample here is provided by a user).
So maybe that user might help out here as well?!

Here is a YouTube Video related to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZiGkI ... e=youtu.be
And here is the full instruction files by Benjamin Hardwich: https://github.com/benhartwich/proppfrexx-remote

(it looks, like some links might be broken - so the above are valid). You might even contact Benjamin via the github link!
I hope this helps you out, as the setup (installation) instructions are pretty straight forward.
erik1975

Post by erik1975 »

I seen that youtubelinks, but still don't get it. I need to know what every command means and parameters.

I understand proppfrexx but not the gpio things.

If i don't get the buttons work i have to use the virtual mapper, and that's not wat i want.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The commanda and parameters (macros) are explained in the user manual appendix.
If there is a specific question just ask.
erik1975

Post by erik1975 »

1st question:
See the attachments.
What is red circeled: this is going on and off.
And the connection failed comes.
The question is: Is this only for remote control ? Because i use my airlite on the pc where propffrexx is installed. So, i should not have a problem with this ?
Note: When i monitor at the airlite in gpio, every button i press, i got tekst, for example: MSG: STATE_ON_AIR. 1 = 1

2st question:
For example: i want toe play CW1 when i press Button A1 at the airlite.
So..i do this: Record, press buton and then it says: CTRL_SWITCH, module/Track ID: 1
At control command i do edit, by action: CW1_PLAY_CART_1 ( without parameters )
But..i won't work
What do i wrong ?

( sorry for my bad englisch )
Attachments
Naamloos.png
Inzane8305

Post by Inzane8305 »

Answer to 1: I think it might be your "password" that is not the same as in Proppfrexx On air. (I JUST THINK !)

Answer to 2: That should not be something you have to do manually. If you copy all the files Benjamin is providing from the Github, it all works. Follow the video exactly, and decide if you need 2 or 3 players (channel 4, 5 and 6 or only 4 and 5) on the mixer. And get the files for that setup. Put the files in the "right" folders, restart Proppfrexx and all should work. (It did by me :-) )
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

for 1: beside the password (check this with your ProppFrexx ONAIR password in the general settings, section GPIO, under TCP Device - Authorization Password) - you might also completely remove the text in the GPIO Client field 'Server Address'. The system should now automatically discover the existing ProppFrexx ONAIR service in the same computer and populate the address itself again.
Also make sure, that you have enabled the GPIO Ext. Service on the ProppFrexx ONAIR side!

for 2: maybe the issue is simply 1).
If the GPIO client is NOT properly connected to ProppFrexx ONAIR (and the On/Off switch indicates this) it won't work.
erik1975

Post by erik1975 »

Aaahhh!! I didnot know that you have to enable gpio at general settings, so i startup manually the gpio tool. But now i enabled it at general settings i notice that the gpio tool automatic startsup with it. And..the error is gone..and..now it work fine with the commands to configure the buttons. Many many thanks!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

;-) Good to hear!