Problem na Update

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
westendradio
Problem na Update

Post by westendradio »

Since the update I am experiencing problems with proppfrexx in cooperation with the airlite. I can no longer listen to the sound. I think there is a problem with the duplex output in the routing option. If I install an older version everything will work normally again. Does anyone recognize this problem any more.

Can I go back to version 4.0.5.5, everything worked well with the airlite
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Problem na Update

Post by radio42 »

There was absolutely no change in the audio engine or anything related to the mixer in the latest release, so it is a bit puzzling to me, why the update wouldn't work, while an older version still works.
So far I have done some testing with various soundcards, but non of them had issues with the recent version.

Have you checked the mixer configuration settings of your mixer channels, if the selected audio devices are still correct after the update? Or even did a simple reboot of your machine?
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Good day, the channel setting has not changed since the update. I restarted the computer after the update. But problem remains. Is there a possibility to go back to version 4.0.5.5.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

I know that after every windows update the sound settings are completely destroyed. Does not lie on PF and / or the Airlite.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is indeed a known Airlite/Airence issue of D&R, as they do not provide a dedicated or professional Windows Audio Driver, but only use a default codec, which changes every time with a WIndows Update. Nothing I can do.
TO resolve, it is best to delete the "Default.mixer" file from within the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder and configure the mixer settings again from scratch.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, once you did an update, you find the previous version in a folder called 'Previous Version' underneath your main installation folder.
As such, you can copy the full content (incl. the sub-folders) from the 'Previous Version' folder up one level to the main installation folder.
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Have another question concerning nonstop live button on the airlite. I know this button bridges the outputs of the faders and that ne can only turn on or off the autoplay in Proppfrexx. But I want to program it so that if I put it on nonstop that the players are automatically sent to the main exit. I turn on the live function again, then the players go back to their own outputs. Is that possible
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, this is possible.
Please see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1778&p=8740
or here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1778
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Thank you for your response, but there is not a clear explanation step by step how I can set this up. Whatever I do I do not get that nonstop live for each other That's the only thing that does not work yet.
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Hello, my first problem has been solved.
I use indeed the settings of meisterpropper that just work well on the nonstop / live function after. Unfortunately that does not work with me. The only thing the button does is that the autoplay turns on and off with the nonstop / live button. But then the problem comes when I activate the nonstop function, then I get no sound from deck b and c on my airlite. Because I do not manage the routing that deck b and c are sent to the main channel of the airlite when I switch on the nonstop function. The rest just works well.