Problem na Update

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Problem na Update

Post by radio42 »

Before you are deleting all GPIO mappings your can test it much more easily.
Just use the 'Manual Live-Assist' button in the Main ribbon tab of ProppFrexx ONAIR.
The PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_ON/OFF command does nothing different than clicking the button.
To then test, if there is whatever GPIO client mapping happening with your mixer, you can simply close the GPIO client completely (ie. right-click and select 'Close ProppFrexx GPIO-Client'). If the GPIO client is fully closed you can again test with the 'Manual Live-Assist' button.

But I know, that the user who created the Airlite mapping is also switching Airlite mixer channels on and off - so maybe there is the issue.
But as said, as I didn't provide these, it is maybe good to 'ping' that user for help.
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Today once again been busy. I have removed all assignments in gpio and events / comands. I only have PROGRAM OPTION_OFF and
PROGRAMMANNOPERATION_ON. The last problem is, when I start a track in a live position and then the button nonstop in the switch then the sound is unfortunately lost. Is that normal, or is there a fault somewhere?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, what the mixer is doing when you press the button!
I can only guess, that the mixer does some internal stuff to its internal routing, But I cannot see ProppFrexx stopping any sound.
Do you see the players in ProppFrexx to continue to play? If yes, it is evident, that the Airlite mixer is probably doing something.
Have you already asked D&R about this?

I just took a look to the manual of D&R. It states: ......By activating this switch USB channel 1 sends its signal directly to the master XLR outputs, making your mixer completely free for production...."
So the issue might be, that the playlist in ProppFrexx might currently play a track on your Airlite using USB 2 and when you now press the Nonstop button, the Airlite now only uses USB 1, but cuts any output using USB 2 or 3... - but I am not sure exactly, as it is not described in the manual.
However, it looks, like this is nothing ProppFrexx can actually control. Maybe you need to ask D&R for a specific explanation.

So the only idea I currently have is, that in this case you might need in your GPIO mapping send the following sequence when you press the button (replace the usb1 name by the effective mixer channel using usb1 on your mixer):

When you click NONSTOP ON:
MAIN_ROUTE_DJA_SET usb1
MAIN_ROUTE_DJB_SET usb1
MAIN_ROUTE_DJC_SET usb1
MAIN_ROUTE_DJD_SET usb1
PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_OFF

When you click NONSTOP OFF:
MAIN_ROUTE_DJA_SET usb1
MAIN_ROUTE_DJB_SET usb2
MAIN_ROUTE_DJC_SET usb3
MAIN_ROUTE_DJD_SET usb4
PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_ON