Advantech PCIe-1730

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Advantech PCIe-1730

Post by phonic »

We’ve been using the Advantech PCI 1750 for years for fader start/stop and has become the “go to card” for hardware IO for over a decade. However why is it not listed as supported or the newer Advantech PCIe-1730?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Advantech PCIe-1730

Post by radio42 »

Simply because we never had anyone using it in the past.
phonic

Post by phonic »

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is this something that can be implemented as it’s very popular in studios that use big name play out systems like myriad and others and would be a good selling point.

Ive looked at the alternatives like the IO-warrior but they appear to be sold in kit form only from the websites I’ve visited, and are not widely available or even stocked in the UK.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I'll take a look at it!
phonic

Post by phonic »

That would be really amazing!

Once implemented we will need to order around 4 additional copies of your Enterprise edition to swap over to ProppFrexx ONAIR in the main studios that presenters currently use. Fingers crossed it will hopefully be a soon transition for the presenters. :)

On another point: We have computers outside the studio used for adverts to place adverts on the main system, do they also need to be running ProppFrexx to use the Advertising & News app?, if so what version(we're running 2 copies of the enterprise edition on the main systems for different regions)?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I assume, you would be using the Digital-Input only from the card - is that correct?
phonic

Post by phonic »

Yes, the most important is the input(output from S2 to the card) as you say for fader start, however the 2 GPIO pins on the Sonifex S2 GPIO are normally configured for input and output to turn channels on or open the fader up to ensure a scheduled programme goes live if a presenter turns them off(as they do).

Sonifex S2 stereo line channel GPIO:
Input Functions:
Channel ON
The remote pin replicates the ON button in the module. Activating this control will turn the channel on or off.

Red ON Indicator
The remote pin activates the Red LED in the ON Button. The ON button mode must be set to mode 5 or 6 when using this action.

The remote pin activates the Green LED in the ON Button. The ON button mode must be set to mode 5 or 6 when using this action.

The remote pin controls the fader open function. When active, the fader is fully open.

Output:
Channel ON
The remote pin goes active when the channel is LIVE.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks - I guess I can do something in the next days - please allow me some time for development.
phonic

Post by phonic »

Thanks. Looking forward to beta testing it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any news, have you been able to test it yet?