Several questions

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Several questions

Post by Bumperke »

I've got a couple of questions.
1. Every time I log in for voice tracking I have to enter the password again. What can I do about it? I have voice track in my own studio and use PF as the only one.

2. How do I adjust the place where I want to start voice tracing in the relevant screen? Now start 25 seconds before the end. I also have to adjust everything in the editor while I stop the recording immediately after I'm done?

Then the hardest. I will try to describe it.
We have 2 computers that produce a sound stream, 1 is voice track, the other studio.
Both sound streams are separated and collected.
Then it goes to the shoutcast stream computer and upstreaming it to the server.
Sound is oke, but we experience the following problem.

No tags are sent. To be expected! Because we send out an analog audio signal. However, there are some tools. They put the tags in the stream during playback. But a folder must be designated for that. A folder that keeps the logs of the songs played. PF does that too.
3. Where can I find that folder?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Several questions

Post by radio42 »

to 1.: the solution is called 'Named Connection' - to be used on the client-side of ProppFrexx ONAIR.
In the general settings, section Encoding/Recoding click on the 'More RVT Options...' in this dialog you'll find the button 'Named Connections...' - click on it to define one, which allows you to specify the URL, username and password.
With the next RVT sesion you can seelct such a named connection from the combobox to re-use these settings and avoid entering a password again each time.

to 2: the start position is currently not really adjustable (but it uses the Default PFL ZoomDistance value, e.g. you might adjust this value to align the default VT position) - as each track and voice over is different anyhow. Just use the graphics WaveForm and click on the upper-half of it to select a different start position - that is just one click.

to 3: such folder does not exist, as ProppFrexx has a different concept. As you have a ProppFrexx instance, which plays out the main contect (even if this is not streamed directly to the shoutcast server), you can still define a streaming server to just perform the title update - even if that streaming server is NOT connected to the effective server.
Just enable the 'Force Update' option in that streaming server instance, but do not enable the 'Connect at Startup' option. Make sure to provide your Admin credentials and all the other infos as needed.
This way, it does not connect and stream to the server - but having the 'Force Update' option enabled, it still sends the meta data (update song title info) to the server.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

1 and 3 works as a charm, 2, i will check it tommorow.
Thxs
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Do have another question. How do i 'fix' this?

16:19:54 studioradio - VREC_20190329_115308 Current Song :oops:
16:16:13 STRANGLERS - ALWAYS THE SUN
16:12:29 TIME BANDITS - LISTEN TO THE MAN WITH THE GOL
16:10:07 EDDIE THONEICK , KURD MAVERICK FEAT. ERROL REID - LONELY
16:06:55 DAVID GUETTA FEAT. ANNE MARIE - DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE
16:06:11 studioradio - VREC_20190329_115205 :oops:
16:02:17 EN VOGUE - DON'T LET GO (LOVE)

Tagging seems to work. The only disturbing thing is this 'studioradio - VREC_20190329_115205' info.
How can i fix that ( i we can fix it)?
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is the recording filename. You can change the meta data if you want using the Tagger.
What exactly should be fixed?
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 03 Apr 2019 22:27 This is the recording filename. You can change the meta data if you want using the Tagger.
What exactly should be fixed?
let’s analyze the title.
Studioradio is the name of the computer from the voice trackers create there shows.
Is there a way to create another name, since this is the computers Name?
The next is an ‘unreadable’ file name, from which I know is the saved file name where PF can find the related voice track. It is a lot of labor to adjust all these files in the future.
Can this maybe be fixed in the future? Perhaps a pop up were you start and give you the option to,
Show the name instead of the computer name?
Trackname: show some info instead of showing the actual track info that is saved on the computer?
Last: put in a picture in ?

Let’s be honest, i know what I’m asking. Actually this should be in future wishlist. But I guess it’s always good to ask :idea:
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The filename has currectly a fixed structure: VREC_YYYMMDD_HHMMSS and might be changed in the VoiceTracking dialog.

The meta data of the VT track is defined as this:
Title: Filename without extension
Artist: "User Nickname" resp. ""Username" (as defined in the UserConfig settings and if UAC is enabled) OR the system's user name.
Album: "Voice Tracking"
Genre: "Talk"
Year: YYYY-MM-DD
EntryType: Announcement (resp. last used EntryType in the VoiceTracking dialog will be used)
Options: AutoPlayNext and SuppressACPD

As you can see, you can already customize the Filename (and thus the Title), the Artist and the EntryType of your voice track.

However, as said, to change any of these meta data, you can directly after the recording by clicking on the 'TAG' button
Inzane8305

Post by Inzane8305 »

And if you don't want PF to update the voicetrack tag on to the stream you can disable it. (So the stream title only shows music)
Inzane8305

Post by Inzane8305 »

And if you don't want PF to update the voicetrack tag on to the stream you can disable it. (So the stream title only shows music)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can also disable the song title update for certain tracks or even entire media entry types and even specify a generic text for each entry type to use instead.
You can define this in the general settings, section streaming - see Exclude from song title updates.