Cartwall stopping issue

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Cartwall stopping issue

Post by phonic »

Hi, I’ve noticed after moving the carts to another touch screen monitor to unclutter the layout, ProppFrexx is intermittently refreshing the cartwall windows and stops the current playing cart. It’s more noticeable when playing soundbeds as it can stop at 1 second or 29 seconds.

Any ideas?
phonic
Re: Cartwall stopping issue

Post by phonic »

Update: it appears that only cartwall 2 that is having this issue, as I’ve just swapped the soundbed library to cartwall 1 and it’s not stopping.

Looking at the screen(no matter the library) I can see cartwall 2 intermittently refreshing but cartwall 1 remains solid.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain what you mean by „intermittently refreshing“? As I can not reproduce that here.
Does your cartwall 2 constantly update and refresh?

There are scenarios, where the cartwall 2 is being updated, but only if certain user defined cartwall libs are refreshing in the background.
An example is, that you have set the AutoWatch-Feature to a Cartwall-Library and that this cartwall lib is currently selected in Cartwall2 - in that case (when the related lib is changed) will the Cartwall2 be refreshed.

The same might happen, if you periodically reload the media/cartwall libs (e.g. every X hours) - in this event will the related cartwall be reloaded as well - which might cause a current playing cart to be stopped.
I will change this behaviour, that with the automatic reloads the cartwall are not being refreshed, in case a cart is currently playing!
phonic

Post by phonic »

I do have auto watch on each library so they add the new sweepers, jingles, soundbeds, etc when updated or removed to keep each studio in sync. I have both carts walls open on a second touch screen monitor, but only catwall 2 has this issue.

Cartwall 2 seems to refresh as in redraw the window as if I've pressed to changed to a different cart library. on Sunday I was going a live show an the sound bed stopped about 10 times, after 5 second, after 20 seconds while I was talking.

As a temp fix I've swapped the sound beds to "cartwall 1" for the moment, and sweepers to "cartwall 2" as they are only 5-10 seconds and less likely to be stopped before it ends.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess it must be related to the AutoWatch feature - as the cartwalls definitly do not refresh based on any windows location.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.0.5.25 is available which suppresses the reload in certain cases when a cart is currently playing!
phonic

Post by phonic »

Thanks I'll update now and give it a go.

It's strange how only happens with Cartwall2 not Cartwall 1, even if they are both using the same library. I was wondering if some setting is different in one.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, the Cartwall2 has some special functions, as it also hosts user defined cartwall libs - whihc are not handled by Cartwall1.
phonic

Post by phonic »

I was under the impression both Cartwalls were the same as they looked identical to me, and thus did not noticed the special functions you listed. I will investigate.

Thanks again for your help.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Beside this extra handling of user defined cartwall libs they are identical.