Syncing Libraries across multi studios

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Syncing Libraries across multi studios

Post by phonic »

I can see you can add auto. playlist path, but Is it possible to sync Music Libraries created in any studio across multiple studios?

We've already got a dedicated server that keeps all studios instantly in sync, and works perfectly for Libraries that have already been created with auto watch, however how do you get ProppFrexx to automatically sync newly created Media Libraries across the studios so they appear in ProppFrexx in the other studios?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Syncing Libraries across multi studios

Post by radio42 »

It depends a bit on where the different studios are located. If they are all within the same LAN, the easiest way is to to use a central Media-Library-Server: see here for details: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1014&p=3924

If you try to sync them accords networks, this is more tricky and there is actually no direct way to recognize new libs and add them on-the-fly, ie. I am afraid you would need to add them manually in each remote studio.
phonic

Post by phonic »

Unfortunately, different internet providers and cities over 200km away. The cloud syncing with our server works well and very fast, it's just keeping the Libraries in sync some how.

I'm wondering if it's better just to go folder based and let the presenters use the Directory Explorer to get the music directly from their own music folder?

Presenters/PresenterName/music/
Presenters/PresenterName/playlists/
etc....
Only issue with this unless I'm mistaken they can't quickly search for a song or sweeper they want to quickly add.

This is every easy to instantly sync across the studios, as we have Presenters for example one week they would be in Manchester then the next in Nottingham, or Birmingham, so they need their music and playlist, and the rest matter the studio they are using.

I tried the Library server, but does not seem work well over the internet, not sure if this is a firewall issue, but never loads the cartwalls for example just boxes with the sweeper titles that don't play.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, the MLS (as said) only works in a local network, but not across the internet.

The easiest way seems to be the ‚Auto. Playlist Parh‘. Which scans all playlists in that given folder for existing playlist files and adds them as media libs.

Another option is to use folder based media libs and sync those folders. However, new folders would have to added manually in each studio.
But from what you describe this shouldn’t happen too often, as you might (pre)define lib folders for each presenter. I guess you do not add new presenters every so often?

And correct explorer files cannot be scanned/searched as quickly as in media libs.