100% HDD ussage from ProppFrexx.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
100% HDD ussage from ProppFrexx.

Post by phonic »

Yesterday in the Birmingham studio, testing out Proppfrexx installation, I noticed the PC was very slow, and was hanging when clicking to open voice tracking, even other apps had issues loading due to the high load. Proppfrexx had the red dot left bottom, and task manager was showing 100% disk usage for ProppFrexx. It was completely unusable, so I've left it overnight, and today it's back to 0% as normally.

I'm not sure what is was doing, but 6:30pm is no quite time. Does proppfrexx index music or run tasks at different times in the day? Can you give lower priority to backgrounders tasks or tell it only run at say 3am or when the PC is idle and stop/pause when in use .

Using Proppfrexx 4.0.5.31 enterprise-edition. PC OS is Windows 10 Pro config: Intel i7-8700k, 8GB DDR4, Music is location on WD RED 3TB HW RAID 1.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: 100% HDD ussage from ProppFrexx.

Post by radio42 »

The red button indicates an initial TAG read of all your meta data audio files you probably just added.
As such, this is a one time task to read in all your audio files meta data information.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 09 May 2019 15:00 The red button indicates an initial TAG read of all your meta data audio files you probably just added.
As such, this is a one time task to read in all your audio files meta data information.
Nothing new was added, music libs were added weeks ago without issue, and has been working fine.
What could have made it decide to reread all the music again?

I've no idea how long it lasted, but I gave up at around 7pm, and was still at 100%.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Did you maybe schedule a rescan of the media libs at a certain time? eg. in the general settings?
phonic

Post by phonic »

No, nothing changed from the defaults with regards to that.
I will keep an eye on it.