Continuous Backtiming

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Continuous Backtiming

Post by phonic »

Not sure if this is a bug or not.
Continuous Backtiming is enabled in the playlist config, so I would assume it's enabled by default for new or existing playlists, but it's not. I sill have to right click and select Playlist backtiming and enable Continuous Backtiming for it to work in each playlist I open. I even tried saving the playlist with it enabled, but I have to manually enable each time it's reloaded.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Continuous Backtiming

Post by radio42 »

The Continuous Backtiming will be disable (regardless of your setting) when you manually open an existing playlist (incl. media libs).
But it is enabled for automatically scheduled playlists and new/empty playlists.

The reason behind is, that typically (when editing existing playlists) you don't want to have continuous backtiming enabled, as it adds more confusion than value.

For scheduled or live-assisted playlists it is enabled however.
phonic
Re: Continuous Backtiming

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 21 May 2019 09:01 The Continuous Backtiming will be disable (regardless of your setting) when you manually open an existing playlist (incl. media libs).
But it is enabled for automatically scheduled playlists and new/empty playlists.

The reason behind is, that typically (when editing existing playlists) you don't want to have continuous backtiming enabled, as it adds more confusion than value.

For scheduled or live-assisted playlists it is enabled however.
I just noticed it worked when creating a new playlist and was just about to update my post.

It was requested by our presenters, as it currently confused them seeing out of sync timings that only update when it plays. They are used to seeing real time timings.

I don't know how it would confuse, as in our case it really aids them in keeping to time, I would have thought seeing a time that's old would confuse more thinking they have more time than they really have.

Anyway to add an option for those that really do want it on all the time?