OGG streaming

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
ExIT_FM
Re: OGG streaming

Post by ExIT_FM »

Yep, I use Icecast server and you are right, on the server's status page there's no Artist and Title field.
I don't know how, but Altacast (https://github.com/DustyDrifter/AltaCas ... taCast/src) (named Edcast before) manage to update Title and Artist in the stream.
It is important for us as our website extracts programme title and the presenter's name from these two field.
Don't get me wrong, it does not matter what AIMP displays, I don't care about it. I use it only to see what is written in the stream's meta data.
song_title_altacast.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is the ICEcast documentation of updating metadata:
http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/a ... rface.html

There is no separation between Title and Artist - only a songtitle can be updated. So I don't know what AIMP or AltaCast are doing specifically - maybe something non standard.

However, if you want to update your web-site, note, there are much better ways, as you can directly send the needed info (Title, Artist, Album and even the CoverArt) directly from ProppFrexx to your web-site, e.g. using the control-command: EXEC_SEND_HTTP_GET or EXEC_SEND_HTTP_POST.
E.g. see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=759
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

I found this: https://icecast.org/docs/icecast-trunk/server_stats/

Code: Select all

<source mount="/audio.ogg">
        <title>All that she wants</title>
        <artist>Ace of Base</artist>
        <audio_bitrate>499821</audio_bitrate>
        <audio_channels>2</audio_channels>
        <audio_info>samplerate=44100;quality=10%2e0;channels=2</audio_info>
        <audio_samplerate>44100</audio_samplerate>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <genre>various</genre>
I know there are other ways to update informations on the website, but I'm not an admin there and the website using the stream's metadata to update infos.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestions, I'll try to find an other way to solve this issue I have.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The stats separated the Artist and Title typically from the song title update by splitting the text from the hyphen.
E.g. XYZ - ABC
Is splitted in to XYZ and ABC.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.0.5.39-Beta (so use "Check for Beta-Versions..." to update) is available, which adds a new 'Song-Titel' formal to the streaming-server configuration, which uses a special way to update the separate Artist and Title for ICEcast servers:
So please select the new "${artist}, ${title}" song title update format in the streaming server dialog and check, if you now got it separated.
This is using an actually an undocumented way to update the artist and title just for ICEcast.

Let me know, if that helped...