Song Requests in overlay

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
friso
Song Requests in overlay

Post by friso »

Hello

I want to do the following.
An requests playlist is getting filled with requested songs. This playlist is played at certain times with the overlay scheduler.
After it is played i automattically want the playlist to be empty so it can be filled with new songs. and of course automatically saved.

Is this possible, and how can i do this.

This because after al these years i didn't get a good request sytem setting up with proppfrexx.

Friso
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Song Requests in overlay

Post by radio42 »

Do you mean a fully featured web-based user request system?

The main effort is for sure the web-part (i.e. letting the user select tracks for submission)! Should this be included? I assume, that this needs to be coded by yourself, as I do not offer web-page coding.

Why would the requested 'playlist' be played as an Overlay? Wouldn't a normal Program be okay?
It is also unclear, when the requested songs should be played? When is a request playlist be considered 'full' and ready to be played?
What if only 1 or 2 tracks (or even 0) have been requested?

I assume, that such a feature is very complex and cannot be offered as a standard package.
But I am happy to give you a quote for a custom implementation, if I know your exact and detailed requirements.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

If someone could put me in the right direction i would try to code it myself, But for example how do i use the commands in proppfrexx in an php script. I can't find anything how to do this.

As an alternative for now i thought an append of playlist items would do for the moment. But after it is imported i want to be this appended request playlist to be empty and stored again so it can be refilled again. If the playlist is empty, it should it should be ignored and if there is an entry added at a specific time it is again imported.

But as said, the best way should be an php site with an request system.
If you could put us in the right direction with commands who can be used an a little example of how the coding in php could look like we can do the rest.

Thanx
Friso
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is a good description on how to send data (i.e. text, like the control-commands) via TCP to a remote server (ProppFrexx in this case):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/140 ... php-script

And here is a description of the TCP interface of ProppFrexx to end control-commands remotely:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12&p=21#p21

As said, there is no full working web-example available and maybe some additional stuff might be needed (not sure on your requirements), as said, I am happy to give you a quote for a custom implementation, if I know your exact and detailed requirements.
friso

Post by friso »

Created this script, but it is not working.
Help would be great. I have searched for documentation, but i don't know how to use this with commands in proppfrexx

<?php
$fp = fsockopen("192.168.1.55", 8052, $errno, $errstr, 30);
if (!$fp) {
echo "$errstr ($errno)<br />\n";
} else {
fwrite($fp, "EXEC_SEND_TCP 192.168.1.55:8052|AUTHORIZATION XXXXXXXXX${CRLF}${CRLF}SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW ONLINE|You are now online!${CRLF}${CRLF}");
while (!feof($fp)) {
echo fgets($fp, 128);
}
fclose($fp);
}
?>
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Where is your web-server where the PHP Script is executed running? Is this within your local network? Or outside?
Reason for asking is, that the IP address you posted looks like a local one, ie. if your web-server runs outside, you would need to use your external IP address and probably need to configure a port forwarding in your local router.
If all this sounds weird, either ask a network admin or we need to arrange something custom, as I cannot provide your local network admin support for free.

In addition you can omit the EXEC_SEND_TCP... command and just start with the AUTHORIZATION command! As the 1st is only needed to send something from one PF instance to another.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

Solved it. This code is working.
I have for testing initiated an vpn connection with my playout system. And localy here i have XAMPP.
<?php
$fp = fsockopen("192.168.1.55", 8052, $errno, $errstr, 30);
if (!$fp) {
echo "$errstr ($errno)<br />\n";
} else {
fwrite($fp, "AUTHORIZATION XXXXXXXX\r\n\r\nSHOW_ALERT_WINDOW ONLINE|You are now online!\r\n\r\n");
fclose($fp);
}
?>
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Good to hear!

I’ll check on the effort for a special request queue.
However, the main questions are:
- how to identify a track (by name, location or GUID)?
- when to play the tracks in the queue? Ie. When to copy them over to a regular playlist?
Eg. as soon as they are added? After some time? Wait til a full hour is completed? Wait til a special program comes up?
There can be tons of options.

Finally: would you be willing to partially share some of the cost?
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

Some support for requests in proppfrexx would be great.
I am using this on my 24/7 nonstop radio station and adding should be normally direct into the active playlist.
I always have 2 extra tracks ready in the playlist. After that it should be inserted.
But if you want to do this in an special requests programm, an alternative playlist would be perfect. If there is not enough tracks in that playlist it should run an alternative playlist.
Therefore i was thinking of that overlay scheduler to append it into the normal nonstop playlist.

The question about identyfing, i do not exactly understand.
About sharing the costs, i don't know how much that should be, because i use this software for personal use as a hobby. But i sure want to participate when it is not so much :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well, as you have your TCP connection running, you might already use the PLS_CURRENT_APPEND_FILE command to add any file directly to your current playlist.

The command sequence would simply be (as an example):
AUTHORIZATION XXXXXXXX\r\n\r\nPLS_CURRENT_APPEND_FILE C:\Test\myfile.mp3\r\n\r\n

If you are working with GUIDs (which uniquely identify a track out of your media library) you might also use:
AUTHORIZATION XXXXXXXX\r\n\r\nPLS_CURRENT_APPEND_FILE ${GUID:F9168C5E-CEB2-4faa-B6BF-329BF39FA1E4}\r\n\r\n

The related GUID (in this case F9168C5E-CEB2-4faa-B6BF-329BF39FA1E4) would then be translated to the related filename and path of that resolved media track.

So from what you explained, it should already be possible to achieve what you are looking for!