rules for embeded overlays

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
rules for embeded overlays

Post by moogwill »

Hi,

We're using overlays that are embeded & inserted in the playlist. I'm trying to find a way to skip automatic jingles whan they ar next or befors this overlay insert ... is there a specific way? I tried with script rules in the script of the overlay but no way to get any result.

Thanks,
T.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: rules for embeded overlays

Post by radio42 »

What you might use is the overlay 'Suppress Filter'.
See general settings, section 'Scripts/Scheduler' in the Overlay and Advert group.

In the 'Suppress Filter' select all the media entry types which should be ejected/suppressed within the current playlist when an overlay is about to start.
This allows you to prevent, that these media types are played either directly before or after the overlay.

Note: This function is only in effect, if an Overlay has the 'ApplySuppressFilter' option set (which is an option in the Overlay Editor) as well as if this option is set!

If enabled the Overlay-Player will eject any tracks) matching the defined suppress filter media types which are currently loaded to any (not playing) DJ Players. This effectively happens two times:
a) once the Overlay is shown (and waiting) - to eject upcoming tracks before the overlay starts to play
b) once the Overlay started its play out - to eject subsequent tracks following the overlay play out

I guess this feature might be well used instead he extra script rules - I wasn't thinking of this before ;-)
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

will this be effective if overlays are embeded and playlist inserted ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don't understand what you mean?!
However, the eject rules above are only executed when the Overlay-Player is used.
When you resolve your overlays as an embedded playlist entry, the rule can not be executed and you need to manually adjust your playlist.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

ok, so unfortunately ot won't fit my needs.
I tried using script rules, but somthing wrond happens:
for previous track: And is embeded overlay equals true
for current track: media type equal jingle
action suppress

the result : no any automatic jingles anymore

and by the way, Is there a condition using the track end indicator... I can't find it in the list.

I'd like to do somethig like "if end of track is \ and next track is music insert any jingle
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

How do you exactly schedule your overlays?! Are you using a script-line to schedule an embedded overlay as a container entry or do you directly schedule it via the Advert script-line mode?
Please show me you exact script (lines) your are using and the related script rules you have defined.
Also show how you schedule your Jingles (via the script header definitions) or also via individual script-lines.
There is probably some wrong configuration in your current setup.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Jingles are in automatic mode.

About the overlays.. As We use a lot RVT and VT, overlays are generated from specific scripts/and planned in the overlay scheduler
then in the O.Sched. we force those to be embeded to got those inserted at their final location in the playlist (then we can do some RVT with a quiet precise time indication.

I won't be able to send more before this afternoon
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ok, please provide more info later on, as I don't know what do you mean by 'automatic mode'.
Also, when you say you use RVT/VT - this sounds, that overlays are planned in the Overlay Scheduler and are resolved dynamically? - OR do you plan them as part of your script (in dedicated script-lines)?
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

yes they're planned from the overlay scheduler.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

here's a screen cap
Attachments
script.PNG
rules.PNG
rules.PNG (9.66 KiB) Viewed 5833 times