Remote media libary

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
westendradio
Remote media libary

Post by westendradio »

Hello forum members, I would like to know how I create / set up a database to use remote media libary in proppfrexx enterprise. I am also curious how I set the weather in proppfrexx.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Remote media libary

Post by radio42 »

Setting up Media Libraries are explained here (incl. Database based Media Libraries):
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
However, I would not recommend using database based media libs, as the maintenance is much more complex.

Not sure what you mean by "set the weather in ProppFrexx" - we don't control the weather from within ProppFrexx ;-)
Or do you mean how to specify the location of the weather info as displayed in the Control Room window? If yes, just click on the top location text in the weather panel to define it...

Else you might also want to check our tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1018
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Thank you for answering, can you tell me how I can create a database for proppfrexx, I can't find it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the installation folder you will find a file called SQL.txt.
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Thank you for your response, but nowhere can I read how to set up the remote media libary so that I can use it. Is there an explanation how to set the remote libary function.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A remote media library requires a Media Library Server (MLS).
You can find information about eg. here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1014&p=3914

However, a remote lib has nothing to to with the initial asked database based lib.
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Hello, I have another question. Can I use PF version Profesinol to connect to remote media libary from PF version Enterprise, Or should both systems run on PF Enterpise.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess there is a misunderstanding (or you didn’t read the post ;-)
The remote media library has to be configured on a ProppFrexx Enterprise Version.
It then connects to a MLS (media library server), which is an extra application which comes for free and is shipped with PF.
The MLS can run on an extra PC/Server or on the same machine where PF is running.
This is a kind of client-server setup, but the connection is always from PF to the MLS.