overlays manual cancel

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
overlays manual cancel

Post by moogwill »

Bernd,

When our station is in autoplay/non stop mode, some of our programs are pre recorded using Voicetracking.

for some reason, sometimes our voicetrackers can't record their shows, for this particular reason, an automatic non stop TOTH is generated and inserted from a script in the overlay player in those shows, then when the show isn't recorded there's a automatic TOTH

When the voicetracker is recording he is supposed to remove the inserted TOTH and replace it with the live TOTH, then he can do now a specific recorded one.

I've selected allow moderator cancel in the overlay options, but when manually removed at the RVT session, the Automatic TOTH is reinserted in the playlist when loaded and played.

I can't find how to change that.

Thanks,
Thomas.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: overlays manual cancel

Post by radio42 »

Any planned and scheduled overlay is only suppressed, if the underlying program playlist (due at that time) contains an embedded overlay container entry. A resolved playlist (for voice tracking) would contain such entry, as Overlays are resolved to the playlist (that’s your TOTH entry).
However, it sounds, that in now you remove such an embedded overlay container entry and replace it with a regular TOTH track.

As such, the still planned and scheduled overlay entry will start when its time, and as such couldn’t find any embedded overlay container in the program playlist and as such it would not be suppressed.

It also sounds, that you are using the ‘AsPlaylistInsert’ option with that overlay?!

Regardless, PF couldn’t understand what you are doing and as such it couldn’t automatically suppress an overlay or not.
E.g. what you can do to suppress the overlay in case it was manually voice tracked, is to eg. either set the SuppressOverlay option with that program entry; or you can remove the overlay occurrence in the overlay scheduler for that hour only.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I'm afraid I can't do it that way, I'll have to try something different. is there a condition I can add to those overlays something like if RVT playlist then suppress this overlay?

T.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, there is not such an option or condition.

What I can do is to add a new global RVT option to automatically set the 'SuppressAllOverlays' program option with a newly created program scheduler entry during RVT.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

thanks but it wont fit.... cause I need others overlays to be played...

As I said I'll have to think different...

T.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well, there is also another options:

If the manual TOTH track of the current program is loaded to the current DJ Player (e.g. A) and this track has the ShouldSuppressOverlay option set, it will also be suppressed.
In your case it sounds the playlist of the newly started program (which starts together with the TOTH overlay) has a manual TOTH track being inserted. In that case you can flag this manual TOTH track with the ShouldSuppressOverlay track option?!

As a last resort, I might add a new Overlay option called 'SuppressForPlaylistTemplates', which might suppress an overlay in case it is started with a program, which was generated by a playlist template. This however would include RVT as well as manual PlaylistTemplates as well as external scheduler imports.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

That last option would be perfect... ;) thanks.

It's always nice to get these fast feedbacks and reactions here.

have a nice day,
T.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Just a question, if the option is selected then, will the overlays be inserted when playlist is generated, but no reinserted if canceled? or will overlays not inserted at all??

I tired it this weekend but as the atomated toth was stil inserted in the playlist, I wasn't sur that they wouldnt be reinjected if manually erased.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The first time (when the playlist is generated) the overlay will be inserted, as here there is no playlist template playlist yet.
Once the playlist template is created, it will not be used again with this one.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

thanks...