Autosave during voicetracking

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Autosave during voicetracking

Post by Bumperke »

Is there a way to set PF so every voicetrack will be autosaved?
Sometimes PF crashes duing editing
Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Autosave during voicetracking

Post by radio42 »

Any recording (also a VoiceTrack) is always directly written to disk, so it is immediately written and persisted. The filename is given in the dialog!

But you should check, why it crashes. If it is a ProppFrexx issue (which I don’t think) an entry to the file called ‘Error.log’ is written, you can check this via the Tools ribbon tab or look to the PF AppUserData folder.

Else, you should check the Windows Event Lib, as it might be a system issue - eg. a bad driver issue or a like!
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

See last post
Last edited by Bumperke on 06 Oct 2019 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

So last post
Last edited by Bumperke on 06 Oct 2019 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 05 Oct 2019 18:48 Any recording (also a VoiceTrack) is always directly written to disk, so it is immediately written and persisted. The filename is given in the dialog!
Yes, I know it directly saves to disk. Let me try to picture the problem. I use HP Z800.
The computer produces a live stream over PF, since it is multifunctional I also produce voice track on the same computer. This does works well until Pf crashes. It happens, i’ll Check the log.
This however is the problem:

Than i’ll start Pf again. Open the last voice track session I was working on and every voice track is not shown in the list again. Strangely,..all other i’ve adjustments is shown. So something must be wrong.

Another problem is showing quite often. When i’m done and I want to re-edit some tracks in the Seque editor, it spontaneously shows the file I was working on, next time ( the live stream still runs) the SE jumps and shows the live environment. I hope you’d understand what I’m trying to explain.
So I have to close the seque editor every time and start it again to continue working in the track list I was working on.

So, basically that’s the problem.
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When you reopen the voice track dialog it can of course not show your last recorded track, but you can insert that manually if you need to recover it!

But you should first check, why it is crashing, since the origin problem seems, that you have an unstable system?! This should be addressed first. Eg. If your soundcard crashes, there is not much ProppFrexx can do about.

No, I don’t understand your Segue-Editor issue. But you should check your general settings.
Maybe you have enabled the Automatic Update function with the Segue-Editor, which would explain the behavior. Ie. simply deactivate that option.