AAC+v2 streaming from Proppfrexx

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
AAC+v2 streaming from Proppfrexx

Post by phonic »

I'm trying to encoder a low bitrate AACv2 stream from ProppFrexx for mobile devices, but noticed from the error message you need WinAMP installed. I download and installed the only available version 5.8 Build 3660, but still getting the same message. I've looked at the manual and other posts about this issue, but still stuck. Do you need to restart ProppFrexx or the computer for ProppFrexx to notice it's now installed or have I missed something?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: AAC+v2 streaming from Proppfrexx

Post by radio42 »

You might need to restart PF, but I would recommend to reboot the PC as well.
If the error persist, let me know.
phonic

Post by phonic »

I'll will await a good time to switch to backup, and let you know if a reboot addresses the issue.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 04 Nov 2019 14:32 You might need to restart PF, but I would recommend to reboot the PC as well.
If the error persist, let me know.
I did restart ProppFrexx and it did resolve the message. It now connects and keeps stopping after 5 seconds. no audio appears to be streamed. Error message: "Error: Connection to the server died!"
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In that case, it is a pure network connection issue - the server side (SHOUTcast or ICEcast) should reveal more details.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 05 Nov 2019 10:00 In that case, it is a pure network connection issue - the server side (SHOUTcast or ICEcast) should reveal more details.
Yes, it would appear that way until you change it back to MP3...perfect again. same issue with SHOUTcast and ICEcast, when using AACplus. However with ICEcast is stays connected, but no data is sent (send(kb): 0) and does not show up on the ICECast as connected. Switching back to MP3, resolves the issue.
phonic

Post by phonic »

I think I have it part resolved. WinAMP 5.666 build 3516 was installed on the server and most likely not compatible. I've got WinAMP 5.8 on the main computer, and got ICEcast to stream correctly now using AACplus, but SHOUTcast still does not like it. I assume that part must be a codec compatibility issue with SHOUTcast. I'll check the logs and see if that's the case.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Shoutcast DNAS versions 2.4 and 2.5 support AAC and AAC+ streaming from any encoder. However, Shoutcast 2.6 has removed free AAC streaming, and now only supports AAC with the purchase of a "Shoutcast Server Software Premium" subscription from Shoutcast.com.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 05 Nov 2019 11:57 Shoutcast DNAS versions 2.4 and 2.5 support AAC and AAC+ streaming from any encoder. However, Shoutcast 2.6 has removed free AAC streaming, and now only supports AAC with the purchase of a "Shoutcast Server Software Premium" subscription from Shoutcast.com.
Strangely I have Shoutcast 2.6 premium version, but none of the premium features work, I would not be surprised if this is the case for my AAC+ issues too.

Anyway, I've switched that stream to ICEcast, and upgraded the backup server to WinAMP 5.8 the issue is now resolved.