ducking

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
yourx
ducking

Post by yourx »

Question how to setup voice ducking when i do my voice tracking, i know that i can set ATT volume but is there a auto mode for auto ducking the music. :idea:
Last edited by yourx on 07 Nov 2019 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ducking

Post by radio42 »

What do you mean by 'Auto Mode' - clicking the ATT button does all automatically and docks the audio right before and after the recording (it however allows you to adjust the Cue-In/Out beforehand).
yourx

Post by yourx »

better to say, is there a way for more dynamic voice ducking its now on one selected set like -9db.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can define all the attenuation values (incl. the volume value, default is -12dB) in the general settings resp. directly in the upcoming dialog each time you press the ATT button (and save your Voice Tracking default by using the 'Save/Restore' button).
I am not sure, what dynamic ducking you need - please explain?!
yourx

Post by yourx »

Dynamic ducking like side chain, The voice is ducking the music and i set a theshold attack release for ducking.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, this is not available for Voice Tracking, but only for real-time moderation.
The reason is, that during VT, the original audio signal of the original players needs to stay unmodified.

Currently there are no plans to add dynamic ducking for Voice Tracking, but if I find time, I might look at it...
yourx

Post by yourx »

Thanks Bernd, i understand your point. I'm very happy with the program.