How to integrate Stereotool DSP?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
franksiegers
How to integrate Stereotool DSP?

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd and others,

I'm testing the Proppfrexx demo version and am really impressed so far! I've setup most things including my Airlite and things work great.

There's one thing I cannot find in the manual: I would like to use the free Stereotool DSP but cannot find how to set this up. Should I download the stand-alone or the Winamp plugin?

I've tried both but cannot select those at settings > encoding/recording > dsp. This appears to be for VST instead of DSP?

Could someone please explain if and how I could use Stereotool DSP?

Thank you for your time,

Frank.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How to integrate Stereotool DSP?

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx (only) supports the VST verison of StereoTool. Make sure to download the correct verison, e.g. the 64-bit VST version!
Then you can click on one of the four DSP buttons with a mixer channel strip to add the StereoTool VST...
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for the quick reply. That expains a lot! I've now enabled the 64 bit VST.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is all very new to me: When I click on 'Editor' the stereo tool opens, but doesn't show any levels. Do I need to enable or configure something else?

Thanks,

Frank.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, if the related mixer channel is processing audio (ie. the mixer channel Level meters are moving), any DSP should process the audio as well!
Maybe you clicked on the Bypass button?
Or used the wrong mixer channel?