Advert scheduling and selecting random stationIDs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Advert scheduling and selecting random stationIDs

Post by phonic »

Hi,

I have some maybe simples questions about the advert and the overlay scheduler:

1. How do I set the opener and closer to a random station ID? I've tried using a script and playlist. The the scripts appear not to work, and using a playlist selects the first file only each time.

2. Ive created advert slots at x:20 and x:40, and in one test advert I selected a single time of 02:20, and listed as 02:20, but it played at each advert break(02:20,02:40,03:20,etc until I deactivated it). I'm I misunderstand how your advert system works?
I've attached a screen shot to help you understand what I did. In the screen shot you can see I selected 02:20 and 03:40, but still played in any slot regardless of what is selected and it clearly says slots used 1 at 02:20 and 03:40 and the rest are 0(empty).
Attachments
advet-overlayAssignments.jpg
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Advert scheduling and selecting random stationIDs

Post by radio42 »

1. beside single audio files only .pfp playlist files are supported. Make sure to use the most recent version. A random track will be picked from the playlist file.

2. A Slot is a logical unit first. An Overlay is the physical instance, which controls, what Slot is to be played out. So please check what Slot you have assigned to each Overlay instance.
You then assign Campaign to either a Slot (it’s played in all Overlays having that Slot assigned) OR an Overlay occurrence (it’s played in only that Overlay instance at that time).

From your screenshot I cannot see, what overlays you are using or if there are other slot assignments.
phonic

Post by phonic »

Thanks I’ll give that a go. However the playlist if I’ve done it correctly, I selected 10 station IDs and saved as advert-stationsIDs and assigned to open and close. However it played the same station ID for open and close. Maybe I need to create two different playlist files one for each?

With regards to my other question: I did not assign anything to the advert, I just clicked on “Single” and I assumed this would play in the selected time only as you can see in the screen but for some reason it continued playing at each advert break even though it says 0 slots used or anything else assigned.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please show the two overlay entries hiwnrhey look like.
And what version of PF are you using?
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 10 Mar 2020 20:26 Please show the two overlay entries hiwnrhey look like.
And what version of PF are you using?
I'm currently using 4.1.5.6 on the main system.

I think I know what is causing the issue, and will test in the next hour.
In slots(#) view you can see the numbers assign and can now see that when I select for example: 02:20it also selects(1 in both) both slots in that hour(02:20 and 02:40). In the drive time and breakfast I use different names (breakfast-20, breakfast-40 and drivetime-20, drivetime-40) and only selects the one I selected not both. Is using the same name twice within the same hour (x:20 and x:40) the reason for this issue?

I've added some screen shots so it makes hopefully more sense to what I'm doing correct or wrongly. In the screen shot you'll see I've only selected 23:40, so I would assume it will not play at 00:20 as the rest are now 0. Before I changed the names within the same hour to something different it would have a 1 on both 23:20 and 23:40, so I assume both need to different or is this a bug?

Btw, I used two playlists one for opening and one close, and fixed the issue with the same StationID playing.

Update: My idea did resolve the issue, so it only plays in the selected time slot only and not in both slots within that hour.
Attachments
Adverts-Proppfrexx-1.jpg
ProppFrexx-adverts2.jpg