Cartwall sizing issue

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Cartwall sizing issue

Post by phonic »

I've noticed when I restart or upgrade, ProppFrexx would first load the Cartwalls in different sizes "Cartwall II" small, and "Cartwall I" medium. However changing the sizing on any Cartwalls only offers two sizes, medium and large. I've tested and happens in all studios even using the current version 4.2.0.7

Is this a know bug you're working on or a setting I've missed?

One other thing you may want to look at but low priority as not many will face this issue(and only happens on initial loading on ProppFrexx):
If you use multi monitor setup with the main ProppFrexx running at a higher resolution(4k), and cart walls for example on a touch screen at 1080p and save the layout, once you reload ProppFrexx it will render everything based on the resolution of the main ProppFrexx display(running 4k), making them appear oversized. Currently resolved by clicking view to reload the saved layout again.
Last edited by phonic on 05 Jul 2020 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Cartwall sizing issue

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry, but I cannot reproduce that here, see that attached video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5lgh0up85qi4 ... s.mp4?dl=0

I started with:
- Cartwall I: Large
- Cartwall II: Small

Then I closed ProppFrexx and started it again.
After the restart the size is all the same and also didn't change... and you can still select between Small, Medium and Large!

The 2nd issue is unfortunately a known Windows issue and out of my control - so here we can blame MS ;-)
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2020 17:36 I am sorry, but I cannot reproduce that here, see that attached video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5lgh0up85qi4 ... s.mp4?dl=0
Thanks for you quick reply. I was updating my post while you posted.

Yes, from the video you get back to small. On first load I get small(only on Cartwall II), medium and large, on next click it goes to medium.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then please do the same as I did and create a small video demonstrating your issue.
I get back to exactly the same size on both cartwalls - no matter which size I use and I can always switch to any other size...
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2020 18:02 Then please do the same as I did and create a small video demonstrating your issue.
I get back to exactly the same size on both cartwalls - no matter which size I use and I can always switch to any other size...
I've recorded but your board does not accept .mp4 files, so I've uploaded the file to our server:
https://hopefm.org.uk/images/proppfrexx-cartwalls.mp4
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you have enabled the "Is Touch UI" mode in your general settings!

If that is the case all is displayed 'larger' and the cartwall only toggles between Medium and Large!
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2020 19:57 Maybe you have enabled the "Is Touch UI" mode in your general settings!

If that is the case all is displayed 'larger' and the cartwall only toggles between Medium and Large!
When ProppFrexx is first loaded is does display the small screen size on Cartwall II only, but toggles between medium and large if changed.

Yes, I have that option enabled for the touch screens. However I've found the smaller size just right, and would be nice if this size can be made available when Touch UI is enabled.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I’ll take a look!
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 05 Jul 2020 22:45 I’ll take a look!
Much appreciated. Thank you!