Combined View Greyed Out

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TPSchultz
Combined View Greyed Out

Post by TPSchultz »

I am running v4.2.0.8 Professional and am still experimenting trying to learn it. I was successful in adding an Overlay element to a the grid and it played back, but I cannot see the entire playback grid at a glance. I assume that is what the Combined View is supposed to show me in the Scheduler, but it is greyed out (disabled). How do I enable this? I looked in the Settings and Options menu, but maybe I missed it.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Combined View Greyed Out

Post by radio42 »

The Overlay Scheduler and all its functions is only available in the Enterprise Edition. That’s why it’s grayed out.
Not sure what Overlay you are talking about? Probably a program overlay, which is something different to a overlay scheduler entry.
TPSchultz

Post by TPSchultz »

Interesting distinction. I was just using the terminology shown in the Scheduler pull-down menu. The top box is "Program Scheduler" and the next item down is called "Overlay Scheduler". Perhaps this should be called "Program Overlay Scheduler", if it is different from what you are calling the "Overlay Scheduler".
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can not follow.
ProppFrexx has two Schedulers. One for Programs and one for Overlays.
The Overlay Scheduler is typically used to schedule Adverts. Adverts are only supported in the Enterprise Edition.
A program by itself might also run in an overlay mode on top of another program (without stopping the previous).

In the combined mode you can in addition not edit the Overlay Scheduler entries, but only read/see them - that’s why they are displayed in a different color.

Also, what playback grid are you referring ?
So you mean the calendar view of the scheduler?
If yes, note, that you can zoom in/out - see its ribbon bar to increase/decrease the vertical time resolution.

So I am now a bit lost to what you are referring to?
TPSchultz

Post by TPSchultz »

Yes, by "grid", I was referring to the calendar.

The concept of overlays is new to me. I'm simply trying to learn how things work and interact with each other because I know questions will come up when I get this ready to go on line for others to use.

Thank you for your time.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh okay, then yes. In the combined view the Overlay Scheduler entries are graded oit, because they are read only.