Where are CuePoints stored?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
franksiegers
Re: Where are CuePoints stored?

Post by franksiegers »

Well, since I've rescanned the cartwall library, there is a _synced_.pfp. When I delete this and rescan the lib, there is a new _synced_.pfp created. When I open this with Notepad, it does show the correct cue point (01.914, rounded). However, when I open the track from the cartwall, it again has 01.163 so it appears this does not use _synced_.pfp. There is no other playlist in this directory.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then there is NO other place where cue-points are stored!
And if all locations (audio TAG and playlist; .pfmd not in use) contain the exact same (correct) data.
Than it must be manipulated. Probably by ProppFrexx. So maybe we searched all the time in the wrong direction. Using all default ProppFrexx options this is impossible.
The ONLY possible way are a few Mixing settings (see general settings, either global or Mixing or per Media Type). Eg. force RescanACPD option, adjusted Next cue-point etc. can you check this?!
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Could it be solved!? I need to do some more extensive testing to be sure, but I think changing the following setting might have solved it:

'General Settings > Mixing/Fading > Use ACPD with:' All options were selected. I've just now disabled Cartwall I and Cartwall II.

Would that mean that each time a cart was played using the cart wall, it would have reset the cue points? That could explain the seemingly inconsistent behavior of Next cue points that were previously correct and suddenly incorrect. I could have played these during my show...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No. But this would also disable the possibility of what I explained above. There must also be another setting which was changed in the mixing Settings per Media Type (as said above). This is real root cause.
So look up the Media Type of those cartwall tracks and post a screenshot of the related settings.
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I do not really understand what you mean. Here are the Mixing per Media Type settings for type Jingle. That's the type I've set in the cart wall library.
Jingle mixing settings.PNG
I suppose these are the default settings? I cannot remember having changed anything here. I did notice the Not fading length is 2 secs. Most tracks were just under 2 secs but I don't think that would cause the Next cue to be moved more to the beginning?

Anyway, I hope you can make anything of it.
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Now when I edit a cartwall library playlist, change a cue, save the playlist, rescan the library en reopen the track from cartwall in PFL, the change is saved and visible!

Too bad I can't just open the track from cartwall in PFL to make cue changes and save them directly, but at least the procedure above appears to be consistent now...
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Perhaps I've found the cause... again...

I've had 'Auto Save MetaData to Audio Tag' enabled for (amongst others) the SegueEditor.
PFOA meta data waveform settings.PNG
Since I heavily use the segue editor to move tracks around, this could have caused my cue points to be changed right?

I've now completely disabled this feature and are contemplating how I should let PFOA handle my meta data. Perhaps I should not store anything in the tags but use .pfmd-files instead? What are the recommended settings?

I'm affraid to change settings since I really cannot grasp the PFOA meta data concepts and lost so much time just trying to get this right. I love the program but this part is way to complicated for my simple brain... :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes that is correct. The Segue Editor would than save the TAG data automatically.
So you might safely disable that resp. only enable that for those elements where you for sure know that you want to do that.

I would not use .pfmd files, but always use the the TAG data.

Also note, that since the v4.2.2.0 you can now save the TAG data from all elements, eg. the cartwall or DJ Player...
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

One thing I found very confusing when editing a tag (ALT-3) that clicking 'Save' does not seem to store the tag into the MP3. You first need to click 'Save Meta Data Tag', then confirm the warning and then click 'Save'. Is there a faster way to edit tags directly from PFOA?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is a difference between TAG data (standard values, like Title, Artist etc.; see here: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... f=9&t=7#p9)
and meta data (which is all the rest, e.g. cue-points, options, track inserts etc.).
TAG data is always saved in the TAG Editor when you click on the standard 'Save' button.

Meta Data is (only) saved when:
- you have activated the 'Auto Save Meta Data to Audio TAG' and selected the related element (e.g. TAG Editor)
or
- you explicitly clicked on the 'Save Meta Data TAG' button

So as said above. I would not use .pfmd files but enable the 'Auto Save Meta Data to Audio TAG' for only those elements which you are sure you always want to automatically save the meta data to the audio's TAG data.