Where are CuePoints stored?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
franksiegers
Where are CuePoints stored?

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I have a folder with some jingles. I've created a new playlist, added the jingles and used the PFL-editor to set the right cue points and clicked on Save Meta Data Tag to write each tag. After this I've stored the playlist on my hard drive and added it to my Cartwall libraries.

The problem is that when I open the jingle in the cartwall, some cue points are wrong. I open the jingle in the PFL-editor from within the cartwall, fix the cue points, choose save meta data tag. When I reopen PFOA, and open the PFL-editor from the cartwall, the changes are not stored.

Also, when I create a script template and insert one of the jingles (using LoadTrack) it has another cue point compared to when I open it from the cartwall.

This is driving me crazy. Is there some way to check what cue points are stored within the MP3 file and make sure all parts of PFOA (cartwall lib, playlist, LoadTrack script entry) use the exact same cue points from the file?

Thank you,

Frank
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Where are CuePoints stored?

Post by radio42 »

All Meta-Data are first stored in the playlist .pfp file.
Then you can store them in the audio file‘s TAG data or alternatively in an extra .pfmd file along side the audio file. The order/priority is by default exactly this:
- playlist
- Audio TAG
- .pfmd file

For playlist based Media/Cartwall Libraries it is therefore sufficient to save the meta data to just the playlist file.
Else store them also in the audio‘s TAG data.

Thus the operation you have done sounds almost okay; except you have forgotten to save the playlist of your cartwall playlist file?!
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I understand how it's supposed to work, but I think I found a bug...

I have some jingles in a folder with correct cue points in the MP3-tag. When I add those to a playlist, the cue points are also correct in the playlist.

However, once I add this playlist to the cartwall libraries and open one of the jingles in the PFL editor (from the cartwall) it has a completely different 'next' cue point. Fixing the cue point and saving the metadata and/or opening the playlist, PFL, fixing a cuepoint (without saving the metadata) and saving the playlist do not work. Upon reopening the file from the cartwall, the 'next' marker if off again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I cannot reproduce that here!
But I can imagine the following situation:

Maybe you added the track in question to the cartwall playlist before you edited the track (outside that lib/playlist) and changed their cue-points.

As a result, the cue-points within the cartwall library playlist are different to the cue-points saved in the audio file‘s TAG. Yes, the cue-points might be stored in the audio File AND within a Playlist independently.
Thus they might not always stay in sync.

Note, that the playlist related cue-points by default take precedent.
If you want to resync the audio TAG data with your cartwall lib playlist, either open the Cartwall Management, select your Lib and click in ‚Rescan‘.

Same is true when you open the related playlist change cue-points and save it.
Those changes are only visible once you ‚Reload‘ that cartwall lib.
Thus is by design and good reason.
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I've created a log to keep track of the changes since it keeps going wrong. I've now added a directory with the files to the integrated Directory Explorer and opened each file in the PFL player from the Directory Explorer. This would read and store the current cue points from the files tag data, right?

I've checked 30 files. 6 of them had a wrong 'Next' cue point (tracks 10,12,17,18,20,25) I've fixed those, saved the tag meta data and restarted PFOA. Then I've checked the files again from the Directory Explorer: still OK.

The same files are in a cartwall lib. I've opened track 1 from the cartwall in the PFL player: It has a wrong 'Next' cue point. I've checked the location of the file: It is indeed from the same directory (of which the name starts with an underscore, could that cause any problems?).

I've tried your suggestion of going to Libraries > Cartwall libraries > Selecting the library and clicking Rescan. I can see the cartwall being renewed: However when I open PFL from the cartwall the cue point is still wrong.

I've now edited the cartwall library, right clicked the track > (Re)Read Tags: also does not fix the Next cue-point.

Please advice...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

a) yes, if you also click on 'Save Meta Data TAG' button in the PFL Player.

b) fine

c) Sounds like you did not opened the Media Library management dialog ('Scheduler ribbon-tab -> 'Libraries' ribbon button -> 'Cartwall Libraries') and then you need to select the Cartwall Lib in question and click on the 'Rescan' button.
Just like explained in my post above.
Please do that right away once you made changes to the physical files.

Please check, that you clicked the 'Save Meta Data TAG' button in a).
Make sure you dd not accidentally select the 'MetaData has Priority' option in the general settings, section Meta Data/WaveFrom.
Make sure, that you don't have also saved some .pfmd files along with the physical files. Or deactivate the option 'Use MetaData Files (.pfmd)'.

Else provide one of the audio files in question and your cartwall lib (if that is folder based lib, this is he _synced_.pfp).
As in that case there might be an access right issue to open and write to that playlist file on your OS level - have you checked that?!
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

a) I did click 'Save Meta Data TAG.
c) I did open the Media Library management dialog, select the cartwall lib and clicked 'Rescan'.
'MetaData has Priority' is unchecked. There's no .pfmd file in the folder with my jingles.

Access permissions seem to be correct. I have full control permissions to the MP3 and the cartwall lib playlist. When I change the cuepoint it is not stored into the cartwall library.

I've attached track 1 and the lib.

Thanks,

Frank
Attachments
Topic 2654.zip
(125.33 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll look into it
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

Did you perhaps have a chance to look into this?

Thanks,

Frank
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Uups, I an sorry, I have indeed overlooked this item and did not look into this so far. Really sorry.
When I M back from my current trip (on there 19th) I’ll do this right away!