Embedded containers in script and overlay scheduler

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
AFM-Radio
Embedded containers in script and overlay scheduler

Post by AFM-Radio »

Hi,
just a question about the 'Embedded Container' within a script.
We have scheduled an overlay with commercials and news in the overlay scheduler around mid-hour. This normally plays via the overlay player.
Now I have created an 'Embedded Container' in the script for those overlays that should play around the same time, depending on how long the voice track recordings are and how long the songs are.

My question is: how does this work in practice? The scheduled overlay via the overlay scheduler is then automatically skipped? And then played via the 'Embedded Container'? Not that the overlay and the embedded container are both playing.

Greetings
Jesper
AFM
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Embedded containers in script and overlay scheduler

Post by radio42 »

If it is an Embedded Overlay Container referencing an overlay that you scheduled via your script and if that Embedded Overlay Container script-line was already resolved to the playlist at the time when the overlay scheduler entry is triggered, than the overlay scheduler entry would be skipped (unless you force it via the NeverSuppress option).
Else, if the overlay scheduler entry is triggered first and was already started and after the Embedded Overlay Container is added to the playlist, both would play.

But you might inforce, that all playlist entries are scheduled to the playlist when the program starts til the program’s end time, by using the related program scheduler entry option.
AFM-Radio

Post by AFM-Radio »

OK. Then it should be fine.
When a playlist is loaded, the system recognizes that this playlist contains an embedded overlay container and thus the planned overlay will be skipped later in the program. That is clear to me.

And changes to the overlay are also included in this embedded container? For example if a file or commercial is changed?

On the hour while changing playlists we still have an overlay planned that must be played in the overlay player.
I understood that for that overlay I can then use 'ForceUsageNeverSupress' so that this overlay will play anyway?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Changes to the overlay are of course only recognized up until it is loaded to the DJ Player.
Once loaded to the DJ Player it will be resolved.
AFM-Radio

Post by AFM-Radio »

radio42 wrote: 27 Aug 2020 17:34 Changes to the overlay are of course only recognized up until it is loaded to the DJ Player.
Once loaded to the DJ Player it will be resolved.
Ok, thanks for the information.
Have a nice evening!