Voice Tracking

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Cabzy
Voice Tracking

Post by Cabzy »

After creating a playlist of my top 30 chart, 2 DJ's (Myself and another) used Voice Tracking between some of the tracks as seen in the ProppFrex demos (You Tube)

This is where things get a little strange.

The moment I press Rec (to start the voice track) the music of the ending track echoes (Like someone has added an echo or reverb effect to the music) The voice track is fine no echo.
When I click the button for the next track to start it also echoes, it will stop only when I click to end and save the voice track process.

On pre listen, the echo is heard and when the playlist airs, the echo can also be heard.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening???

Thank You
Cary
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Voice Tracking

Post by radio42 »

Sounds like an issue with your mixer setup, eg. that you created a feedback loop with your PFL output, which is maybe also recorded back in again or played twice on two devices/channels in parallel.
So check that mixer setup in ProppFrexx.
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

Yes, that's what I was thinking the 1st time it happened, but it's not every voice track.
If it was a mixer setup issue every voice track would have the same result.
I will go off air sometime over the weekend recheck the mixer and other settings then test.

Thank You.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

May be it is a normal latency of your sound card and device driver/audio Mode you recognize, because For example WASAPI is not low latency!
Only a pro ASIO driver is low latency.