Question

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
D3R3K
Re: Question

Post by D3R3K »

here is what i see on a test mode
Attachments
Untitled.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe cue points need to be read prior to executing the first script lines.
How long have you waited for a script test result? Just a minute or longer?

Maybe you can show your script and tell, how many tracks are contained in the media libs of the first lines used?
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

here it is
Attachments
Untitled.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, that doesn’t show your script and how it is configured!
And also doesn’t answer my other questions.
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

Bernd, What does the option Forced Tag Reading do? and is there any way of finding a music play out list of what song proppfrexx has played daily from the libraries?
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

oh and also how can proppfrexx record a live show thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Instead of answers to my questions, you come with new questions. I’m not sure, if that is really helpful to resolve your issue.

However, to answer your question you must first understand the following:
Meta Data is always a snapshot position. Meaning, the meta data might be changed after it was read in. ProppFrexx reads in all meta data into memory, eg. from the playlist or folder sync lib files. After that the meta data is only read in on demand, when you manually do so and rescan a media lib. Or when you automatically configure it to do so.
In between it might be accurate, but could also have been changed outside of ProppFrexx.
The option ForceTAGReading now (as the name suggests) forces to re-read the meta data from the physical file before irbid further used.

Note, that reading meta data is an IO heavy and slow operation, especially when the physical file is located on a slow device (eg a network attached storage).
In a script for example, when a library with many tracks needs to be sorted or filtered, this might mean, that really ALL tracks first need to re-read its meta data.
That is what the option is doing. This doesn’t mean, that it is not useful! It simply means, you need to know what it is doing - that’s wh I explain it here in detail.
Take a calculation example.
If reading in meta data will take 50ms per file, and you have 1000 tracks this is in total 5 seconds.
But if it takes eg. on a slow device 500ms, than this is almost 1 minute!

That’s why you always have to decide yourself, how often you really need to reload the meta data...

And to answer your final question/ click on the REC button if the related Output Mixer channel. You can even automate this, by using the events of the program scheduler entry and resp. control-commands.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What has been played over the day can be found in your playlist or Global log!
In addition you can activate the ‚Keep Global Statistic Log‘ in the general settings. Section Logging/History.
See here for details: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... 83&p=14248
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

i am trying to learn this on my own. The manual is not that great. So its a lot of try and error here. Sorry if that is a problem for you.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That‘s why the Tutorials are there!
Still, I am a bit lost with the status of the request, since you didn’t reply to the initial issue.

Can I assume, that all original issues/questions are solved/answered!!
If not, what exactly is open or unclear!