Scripts and scheduler

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Scripts and scheduler

Post by phonic »

Are scripts held in memory(cached), or landed before the scheduled programme is about to start?
The reason I ask is that I have an external software that makes updates to the script based on studio location, and wondering if scripts are preloaded in cache when ProppFrexx loads or only loaded when the scheduled show is about to start.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scripts and scheduler

Post by radio42 »

All is held in memory: media libs, scripts, scheduler data, meta data etc.
They are only reloaded manually, via the time based automation in the general setting or when triggered via a control-command eg. via an event.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 19 Nov 2020 19:45 All is held in memory: media libs, scripts, scheduler data, meta data etc.
They are only reloaded manually, via the time based automation in the general setting or when triggered via a control-command eg. via an event.
How do I force an update after a script is updated externally from ProppFrexx?
phonic

Post by phonic »

phonic wrote: 19 Nov 2020 20:31
radio42 wrote: 19 Nov 2020 19:45 All is held in memory: media libs, scripts, scheduler data, meta data etc.
How do I force an update after a script is updated externally from ProppFrexx?
Just answering my own question, can I not also use "Reload Script before Start"? however sending a tcp command would be easier to ensure it plays the correct things. I'll check the manual to see if anything comes up.
phonic

Post by phonic »

I think I found it:
Modify script file and then send this command "SCHEDULER_REFRESH". Would this do the job?

Also, what affect would this have on a live system and currently playing script? Would it refresh then take on the new update after the current song is finished?
phonic

Post by phonic »

I've given SCHEDULER_REFRESH a go, and going back into the script in ProppFrexx show no change. so I guess it does not refresh the scripts?
phonic

Post by phonic »

Found the solution needed to add "MAIN_RELOAD_SCRIPTLIBRARY"
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, Reload Script before Start would force a reload of that script right before it will be used.

And no, SCHEDULER_REFRESH would reload the program scheduler, but not the scripts.

But no, a currently running script wouldn’t be changed right away, this is not possible, as I would lose all the info which script line is/was just in use. Thus changes will apply with its next use.

And yes, MAIN_RELOAD_SCRIPTLIBRARY is the related command for manually or event usage.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 19 Nov 2020 22:16 Yes, Reload Script before Start would force a reload of that script right before it will be used.

And no, SCHEDULER_REFRESH would reload the program scheduler, but not the scripts.

But no, a currently running script wouldn’t be changed right away, this is not possible, as I would lose all the info which script line is/was just in use. Thus changes will apply with its next use.

And yes, MAIN_RELOAD_SCRIPTLIBRARY is the related command for manually or event usage.
Thanks for confirming.

All working fine. :D