AutoPlay / Cartwall / PFL Problem

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
cryexx
AutoPlay / Cartwall / PFL Problem

Post by cryexx »

[*]

Hi :)

I didn't want to open a new topic for every topic.

I have a problem. I use the D&R Webstation!

AutoPlay
1. When I switch to autoplay, only PLAYER 1 should load and play tracks. How is this adjusted? Unfortunately I can't find a solution.
Unfortunately, Player 2 does not output any sound in the AutoPlay function.

Cartwall
I have cartwall buttons on my webstation. These all work. Unfortunately, these are not illuminated when a "track" is on them. Do you have a solution for me?

PFL
I also have a separate PFL button for each channel. When I press this, however, I can only audition via the Cartwall Channel and not directly via the player where I pressed PFL. How can you solve the problem?

Many thanks for your help!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: AutoPlay / Cartwall / PFL Problem

Post by radio42 »

1)
Unfortunately I don't use or own a D&R Webstation, so I am not 100% sure with that setting (you would need to ask maybe the owner of the mapping provided).
But in ProppFrexx you can define a so called 'Use Alternative Routing for Manual Playlist' (see general settings, section Routing).
I.e. you have two different routings available. E.g. use the default one to route all DJ Players to only the PLAYER1 output mixer channel - and use the alternative one to route the output to all players.
Playlists created automatically by the Scheduler do always use the Default Output Routing.

It is now important to know, that the single 'AutoPlay' toggle/button is not important here, but the 'Live Assist' mode/button!
When this button toggled to 'Manual Live-Assist', the 'Use Alternative Routing for Manual Playlist' is active.
When its set to Automatic mode (like its done for all playlists created automatically by the Scheduler), it will use the default routing.

2)
Not sure about the implementation, but you can illuminated them, like e.g. discussed here (a different mapping might be needed?) or see here:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... f=9&t=2800
or here
https://github.com/benhartwich/proppfrexx-remote/

3)
Not sure, what the PFL button is doing on the Webstation, but I guess, it just changes the internal headphone channel of the mier.
But if it also triggers an event to the GPIO client of ProppFrexx, you can use that button event to trigger any ProppFrexx control-command, e.g. to even trigger a PFL or SND2 function action (see the commands in the user manual appemdix).
BUT: note, that ProppFrexx doesn't have a mixer like PFL function in the mixer. See above. So I am not sure, what exactly you would like to achieve?
But you might for example (if the mixer button triggers an event) activate or deactivate the MIXER_OUTPUT_SND2_ON/OFF command and give the related mixer channel name as a parameter.
Via the MIXER_OUTPUT_SND2_ON command you can send the audio signal of the given mixer channel to for example the PFL output.
(this is what a normal mixer would do: send the signal to the headphone output)

But I am not sure about the Webstation, as it might do some internal stuff. Plus, the above command send the signal to the PFL output of ProppFrexx. I am not sure, if you have a dedicated PFL audio signal send from ProppFrexx to your Webstation??
So far, I thought, you only connect the real outputs of ProppFrexx (i.e. Player 1..3 and Cartwall) to the Mixer. And as you only have 4 USB channels in the mixer, that's it. But maybe you even share the Cartwall with the PFL output?!
That would however be a limit of the Mixer but not ProppFrexx.
Inzane8305
Re: AutoPlay / Cartwall / PFL Problem

Post by Inzane8305 »

Hi Bernd and Cryexx. The config of Webstation is almost like the Airlite. (So the videos from Benjamin is a great help. Also the files (they have been altered from Benjamins "Airlite-setup" to also fit the webstation, Benjamin is so nice that the files can be found on the same GITHUB as for Airlite.
The output in "auto-mode" (when you have 2 players) is still sent to the console, you just need to have all channels "ON". When you have the files from Benjamins github installed the functions is this:
Have 1.st song running, press the "Auto-button" on console, Turn on the next channel. (And fader up) All works.