Overlay and not active playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
CoolRadio
Overlay and not active playlist

Post by CoolRadio »

Dear all,

Hope someone can advice on this one

I'm using propprexx also for pre-production (Recording) so when i create an new playlist (Auto Play Off) and recording from this playlist it will fade-out and stop when an scheduled overlay is comming up. Is there a way to prevent overlay to have effect on the playlist i'm using besides the running and program scheduled playlist?

I hope my question is clear enough :-)

Regards and thanks in advance
Richard
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay and not active playlist

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately I don't fully understand your question.
What is your intended behavior?
Depending on your Overlay settings, you can start the overlay exactly on time or delay the start (Fixed vs. Soft etc.) or and then decide to leave playlist running in the background or eject and pause it (Suspend Program and/or Pause it). Or even run the overlay as a playlist insert.

However, there are any settings... my first advice would be to click on the '?' icon at the very top right of the Overlay Dialog and get help for all the various settings...
CoolRadio

Post by CoolRadio »

Dear Bernd.

I have an active playlist running from the scheduler with overlay's planned.

For pre-production i created an new playlist beside the active one and when playing tracks in this new playlist window the track i'm playing (Recording) is stopped because there is an overlay. So what i wan't to achive is that the Overlay only stops the playlist from the scheduler and NOT the one i create as new and using for recording.

Regards,
Richard
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahhh, now I understand you!
Yes, that behavior is currently by design. When an overlay is about to be started, it stops any playlists started by the scheduler AND all those currently playing. The least is exactly your case!
The background is, that this is the only effective way to ensure, that a playlist is not playing in parallel to the Overlay - which needs to be the case when you set the Suspend option.

In essence, there is no reliable way to play a scheduled playlist in parallel to plan and play another playlist, but not stop the manual playlist in parallel when an overlay is starting. Just remember, else the manual playlist would play in parallel to the scheduled playlist which might disturb the onair signal.

The best solution is to have a 2nd instance and separate live playout and planning.