Last track in an hour ends at 59.59

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio dada
Last track in an hour ends at 59.59

Post by radio dada »

Hi Bernd,

Can you suggest me how to create content for exactly one hour in Propp Frexx? I use a 24 hour script, which contains 15 lines scripts randomly. I would like to know what settings must be made so that the last track in an hour ends at 59.59 mm.ss, and the news track is run at a fixed time? Between 8.00 and 20.00, news is broadcast every hour. Thank you!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Last track in an hour ends at 59.59

Post by radio42 »

In a Program Scheduler entry you should set the Option 'TryEnsureExactLength' - click on the '?' icon in the Editor of the program in the Program Scheduler to get more help:

TryEnsureExactLength: The length of the program will be ensured (at least that will be tried). Meaning, at the end of the program those tracks will be selected, that the final track might effectively end almost exactly on time. This can not be guaranteed in all cases!

Note, that this requires quite large media lib(s) with enough tracks of different length to make this happen.
In addition you can use the 'Soft' Start Type plus the 'Allow Start Early' and the 'Max. Early/Max. Late' and the 'Max. Start Delay' options.
radio dada

Post by radio dada »

Hi Bernd,
Thanks, now it works perfectly! I was confused by the start type "Fixed" option. On "soft" and set "max start delay", my radio now sounds different! Now another question! Between 8.00 and 20.00, I use 12 consecutive one-hour programs, which start with news. Playlist look ahead is set to 3 entries. What should be set so that the 3 remaining unreleased tracks from the previous program are brought to the current program and it starts with them after the news is broadcast, and the script continues to run line by line?
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

Great !!!! was looking for this option :) works great
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You could theoretically switch the the StartType to TimeUpdateSync....
This leaves the previous playlist as is and starts the new program in the same Playlist.
But I guess this is not what you are really looking for!
So maybe you don’t need to change anything.

The question is, what the reasoning behind this effectively is?!
The overschedudled tracks are not lost. But can by definition not be carried over to a next program.
However, their statistic/history entry will be removed once the old program playlist is closed. This will happen for all I played tracks.