advert manager

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
advert manager

Post by moogwill »

Bernd, Hi all,

new user to the ad manager, i have a few questions.

is it possible to rename a news category? (once created the title apears grey and cannot be changed)
is it possible to copy a news category, with or within its original zone ? (then you can easily create a category that only needs a single change in the files)

thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: advert manager

Post by radio42 »

Hi,

a) no, this is by design. A News Category might be already in use and referenced. As this reference might happeen even via a shared Advert Storage Path, is very dynamic (as its use might just happen via the logical name), this is nothing, which can be checked.
And as such, I decided to not allow renaming it.
However, a simple re-create is also not problematic and very quick, which is essentially the same.

b) For almost the same reason you cannot copy or clone a News Category entry. But the data to edit is so little and you typically do not create News Categories that often, that this shouldn't be really an issue.
Isn't it?
moogwill
Re: advert manager

Post by moogwill »

Maybe once it's done, yes, but at this time Im doing 2 different news for each days of the week, that includes 2 files and an opener, a separator a closer and a bed. and this for 2 different areas that's in a fact quiet a lot. not that I'm too lazy to do it, but there's always a chance that you miss the right file that for some of those located to different folders... and only one file is different each time.

anyway, the possibilities of your software are really amazing, after 3 years of use, I still discover mind blowing functionalities!

thanks.

PS: note that, As I told you a few month ago, in the next days I will have to find the way to use the tag datas from the main area on the stream of the second. I think can achieve this using stereo tools encoder, but I'd really prefer to do this in PF stream encoder.