Axia Livewire GPIO to Proppfrexx faderstart

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Dj_Ed
Axia Livewire GPIO to Proppfrexx faderstart

Post by Dj_Ed »

I have the Axia AoIP driver installed and trying to get the Livewire GPIO working with Proppfrexx OnAir for faderstart.

I have enabled the Proppfrexx GPIO-Client and GPIO Extension service. I have enabled "Livewire+ Device" in the Proppfrexx GPIO-client.
Under the Livewire+ Device tab I have 1st Device: 1127.0.0.1 Port 93. Enable at Startup: On.

For debugging I run telnet 127.0.0.1 port 93 on the PC with the AoIP driver installed. Then on the Axia console, when I open the fader of the channel assigned to the PC playback I see in the telnet screen the changes in the Livewire GPIO signals, like this

Code: Select all

GPO 1 hlhhL
GPO 1 hlhhH
What puzzles me is how to get Proppfrexx respond to these signals.
I understand I need to configure some mapping command scripts that respond to the Livewire GPIO signals. I tried some commands but I get the response "EROR: 1st Livewire+ Not started" every time.

Where do I start ? (I've used google many times but didn't find any hints or tutorials for this).

Thanks for any pointers or hints.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Axia Livewire GPIO to Proppfrexx faderstart

Post by radio42 »

The Livewire+ protocol reacts on a pin sate change see the protocol specs for details.
On the main screen enable the connection to ProppFrexx ONAIR and enable the "Livewire+ Device:"
LW1.jpg
When you now switch to the Livewire+ tab, you need to specify the Livewire configured Device IP address as well as the used port - see your Livewire+ device/mixer for details! If there is no propper hardware device connected to this address and port, a connection could not be established.
LW2.jpg
Once the device is connected and enabled, you might click on the 'Monitor...' button, which opens a monitor dialog to watch all incomming messages, e.g. when your console sends either a GPO or GPI pin change command.
In the mapping (click on the flash icon symbol) you can then react on such an incoming pin state change and associate any ProppFrexx control-command to it (see the User Manual Appendix for all available commands). E.g. assign PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSE_A to it.

As far as I remember you must for AXIA assign a GPO/GPI to an console action first, so that this pin change message is being send - but this actually needs to be asked to your AXIA dealer.
Dj_Ed

Post by Dj_Ed »

Thank you Bernd,
I already had configured it exacly as in the screenshots you posted.

Next nothing is happening in "Monitor" even though I see the incoming GPO messages appearing in my telnet windows connected to 127.0.0.1:93 (which is the Axia IP-audio driver), when I turn on/off the fader/channels on the console.

So I think something must be added to "connect" the Livewire GPIO client to the driver (basically it needs to connect to 127.0.01 port 93 and issue 2 commands "ADD GPI<crlf> ADD GPO<crlf> Then it will receive the GPIO updates from the Axia driver.
But how to do this in Proppfrexx?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx only subscribes to those GPIOs which are being used in the mappings, in order to not subscribe to ALL, even if they are not used.
I.e. you must first map at least one e.g. GPO. This is than autom. subscribed ("ADD GPO x").
However, you can manually add/send any other commands in the "OnLivewireStarted" event.
Use the EXEC_SEND_LIVEWIRE1/2_SEND command to do so.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Hello
I have the same Q
I have the Axia AoIP driver 4 chnnel installed and trying to get the Livewire GPIO working with Proppfrexx OnAir for faderstart how can i do that?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Have you tried exactly the above?
However, the v4.2.5.0-beta I now subscribe to all in general. So try that beta version Help -> Check for Beta Version… you’ll find it under the blue question mark icon at the top right.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Hello

Where do i find it?

need to specify the Livewire configured Device IP address as well as the used port?

i have AXIA iQ console with QOR.32 Integrated Console Engine

so where do i find the Port used?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Find what? The new version?
As explained above in the ProppFrexx ONAIR app. It updates both.

The Axia IP and port address can be found in your AXIA setup. I can not tell you this. But you might ask the one who did the AXIA setup and config. The default port is 93.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Yes i did know the IP # for my Axia but about the port i dont know
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When you enabled the GPIO Ext. in ProppFrexx and enabled Livewire+ in the GPIO client as well as connected you can try the default when using the Monitor… function.