Problem with scheduling the Advertising

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
ElenaRadio
Problem with scheduling the Advertising

Post by ElenaRadio »

Hello.
I found a problem with scheduling the Advertising. After I programed a few campaigns in ProppFrexx Advertising and News, I reloaded the Library, I used the command Sync Onair, I wanted to check out if all things are ok. I checked out with Test Advert Slot from ProppFrexx Advertising and News and it listed all audio spots from a campaign and everything was ok, as planned. When I wanted to see if everything was ok in Propp Frexx Onair, testing an Overlay of advertising, not all the spots were shown and they were not played at all (broadcasted). Shouldn`t be the same spots shown in a test in Advert Slot from ProppFrexx Advertising and News and in a test in Overlay Scheduler from Propp Frexx Onair? When we had few camgaings everythig was ok. When we started to have more this problem occured. I even rescheduled a few campaigns and the problem was still there. In your video you only scheduled one or two advertising spots. Have you actually tested with more spots and campaigns? Another strange thing is that a spot even though is programed according to a media plan, something is shown and played and sometimes not. Have you faced similar problems? Thank you!
ElenaRadio
Re: Problem with scheduling the Advertising

Post by ElenaRadio »

Is there a limitation of time regarding the programing of advertising? The length of a sesion of advertising should not be more than 2 minutes or such thing like this? For example: in an advert slot I scheduled 7 spots and testing an advert slot in the campaign I see 6 spots and in the section audio track 5. Testing the overlay in ProppFrexx Onair it shows 5 spots, but the overlay playlist shows me and were broadcasted/played only 4 of the originally 7. Why is that situation?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, in a Slot (which you assign to an Overlay) you can define a MaxLength - default is 120 sec.
Click on the '?' icon at the very top right:
Slot Length:
Defines the length / maximum length of the slot in seconds.
While the length is used to determine if a slot is still able to accept new campaigns, the maximum length is used to determine if a slot is full.
E.g. when the slot length is 120 and the maximum length is 130 and currently 110 seconds are assigned, the slot is able to take another 20 seconds campaign, but not a 30 second campaign.

So have you tried to increase that Max Length?
ElenaRadio

Post by ElenaRadio »

Thank you for your reply. Until your explanation, we didn`t even know of this limitation. In your video I didn` find such thing. We will try to increase max length and see what happens.