Question about initial track

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
WimHP
Question about initial track

Post by WimHP »

Question about the 'initial track'. This file is filled in with some scripts. Only sometimes the initial track is not played completely but is truncated by the script. How can I prevent that?

Wim
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Question about initial track

Post by radio42 »

Truncated by what and when?
A next script or overlay, might for example be truncated by a next program/script.
But a single track in the middle of a script would never be truncated, except some cue-points resp. by ACPD.
You can suppress the ACPD calculation by a script-line option.

But I don’t know exactly what you mean by truncated ;-)
WimHP

Post by WimHP »

Ok Bernd, thanks for your answer! The initial track is about .28 seconds long and it is a mp3 file. It is a inital track so it must be heard before the lines of the script are going. But after .05 second the inital track is stopped and the script is working with the lines. I can give you a audio file if you want.
It is not a line in a script but a initial track.

I think, is it possible to set the inital track so that it is not to be stopped till the end?

Wim
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The default behavior is always, that the track is fully played. But with every track your defined cue-points are honored.
So you should check the cue-points. Or your ACPD settings.

However, the ResetCuePoints and SuppressACPD option is only available with the script-lines.
But you can always use the initial track as the 1st script-line. Just set the LoopLine parameter accordingly! Ie. no need for the initial track.
The Initial Track is still there for backward compatibility reasons.

But I assume you are
WimHP

Post by WimHP »

Thanks for the answer again! Very good service! Nice. I put the file on line 1 in the script and then put the loop on line 2.

Greets,

Wim

Radio Hollands Palet
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If that is working, when you suppress the ACPD and clear all cue-points - this will be a clear sign, that previously saved cue-point resp. the ACPD was creating cue-points, which did cut the track!
I also believe, that you have been talking about 28 and 5 sec. and not .28 and .05 sec.!?