ProppFrexx crash

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Re: ProppFrexx crash

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 28 Sep 2021 20:12 The layout seems unrelated to any crash. Resizing the view and size of the controls of course changes the look.
To me, the RDP seems to be the issue.
Yes, I can confirm my idea appears to be right with the RDP session. I changed the layout back to default so the overlay does not popup and no crashes since yesterday morning and no errors in the logs. Seems stable now.

The issue with the layout as mentioned above is something that needs looking at as it appears to be a bug in the UI library you are using.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That sounds good!
And maybe I did not understand or saw your issue in the screenshots?! What exactly is not working properly with the layout?
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 28 Sep 2021 20:38 That sounds good!
And maybe I did not understand or saw your issue in the screenshots?! What exactly is not working properly with the layout?
This maybe should be in a new topic, but if you check the screenshots you will see something not right. Sometimes after resizing ProppFrexx window it does not resizing the windows correctly and remain the same, and loading a new layout really does something strange like remove the menus and playlist tabs as you can see in the screenshots posted above.

I'm not sure what's triggering this to start or if this is related to the server, but I've not noticed this before. I'm going to see if I can recreate the same issue on a new install on a local computer to verify.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh yes, now I see the tab changes in your screenshot. That indeed looks also related to the RDP case, as I can also only reproduce it in the tempting case, but not locally. That indeed looks like a flaky issue in the UI lib. I’ll open a ticket for that and see, what can be done about it.
Thanks.