Ramp and Ramp2

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Ramp and Ramp2

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I realised when setting Ramp and Ramp2, then saving info to TAG (right click, etc.) after I create new playlist and drag the relevant music track into empty playlist ramp has almost the same value as ramp2, only 0,4 second is difference. But difference between those 2 cue points was much bigger, like 20 seconds.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Ramp and Ramp2

Post by radio42 »

I just made a few tests here with different audio files, but couldn't reproduce your issue. Both Ramp and Ramp2 are saved correctly.
How did you set the Ramp points (with the PFL Player, DJ Player, TAg Editor....)?
And what audio file format is this happening with?
Have you tried it with another audio file?
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I am setting now aroung 123 music MP3 files. I am doing it this way:

1. I add the whole folder from explorer window into empty playlist
2. set cue points in PFL
3. close PFL
4. save meta data TAG
5. close playlist without saving

afterwards when I send these tracks to somebody else or I load them into empty playlist again, ramp and ramp2 have almost the same time (everytime it is this difference 0,4 second).

Am I doing it correctly?

You know I have to set all music tracks, jingles, etc. Then save info to TAG and send all files to students so they do not have to create any cue points, etc.

I get the feeling it has something to do with reloading or rescanning of folder based libraries. Because it does not happen if I do the step 1-5 but only when I restart PF. But I am sure with your help I will find out what I am doing incorrectly.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I tried out all possible scenarious incl. the one above you described, but here all is working fine and the Ramp and Ramp2 cue-points are saved/restored just perfectly.
So I can absolutly not reproduce your issue.

a) did you really 'select' all the modified tracks within the playlist once you select 'Save Meta Data TAGs'?
b) did you first define the Ramp and then the Ramp2 cue-point?
c) Is the 'folder' you are editing already part of a folder based media lib or is it a new folder?
d) Did you define any other Cue-Points or perform any other operation of those files in parallel?
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

a) yes
b) yes
c) it is part of existing library, better said all tracks of this media library
d) no

Bernd, what is better, to open whole media library and edit tracks there and then save metadata to TAG and media library itself too or shall I add the whole folder from explorer window into empty playlist, edit cue points and then save metadata to TAG?

I think if I save media library and open it again, I can not see any change in cue points for tracks. Even after reload of this media library.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Edit whole MediaLib and edit tracks is the right way to do it. And in your case save both TAGs and lib.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK, I will try tomorrow and let you know if everything went well.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK. Can I do the same in Meta Data Editor? Will it has the same efect, i.e. tracks will have their cue points and library will be updated?
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I did all the steps in PF but after saving library, closing it, reloading and opening again, no no manual cue points are there. I tested in 1 music track. Exact steps:

1. open library
2. edit cue points (also hook points)
3. save meta data TAG
4. save library playlist (but PF gives messages that not all data will be saved as PF does not support this kind of playlists, etc.)
5. close library
6. reload library and all libraries
7. open library playlist

no manual cue points are defined which I saved before. :-(
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I do not know what I did wrong before but now it is working correctly. :-( If I experience it again I will shoot a video and send it.
Peter