Punchlight Recording Lamp USB RGB

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
grebda
Punchlight Recording Lamp USB RGB

Post by grebda »

Hello, I bought the product "Punchlight Recording Lamp USB RGB" and do not know how to do that when I give in microphone up , light on. ? Please arrange how communicability with proppfrexx? Sorry for my bad english !
Attachments
howwto.jpg
howwto.jpg (13.65 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
SORRY FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH !! :-( :-(
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Punchlight Recording Lamp USB RGB

Post by radio42 »

As far as I know does the Punchlight Lamp support MIDI commands.
As such you can 'send' MIDI commands to the Punchlight to tun it on or off.
To do so you need to make use of 'events' and trigger the execution of 'Control-commands'.

First go to the general settings, section 'GPIO' to activate your MIDI communication with the Puchlight device:
a) select 'MIDI Control Enabled'
b) select the related MIDI device (Punchlight) in the combo-box "Output 1"
Beware, that the puchlight unit is a two port device - there are two MIDI output ports!
You have to use the FIRST one for the messages from ProppFrexx (NOT the 2nd one, which is something like 'punchlicht unit usb').
Click OK.

Now you need to configure your Punchlight to use the 'Logic 9' application mode (select it via PunchLight USB utility).

Finally you should now be able to send MIDI commands from ProppFrexx to the Punchlight.
The 'ready' signal (usually yellow) is turned on by the MIDI message 0x90 0x18 0x7F ('note on' for note 24, full velocity), and turned off by 0x90 0x18 0x00.
The 'record' signal (usually red) is turned on by the MIDI message 0x90 0x19 0x7F ('note on' for note 25, full velocity), turned off by 0x90 0x19 0x00.

To send these MIDI commands in the event a mixer-input channels is 'OnAir' you can do the following:
a) right-click on the related mixer-input-channel name and select 'Edit Control-Command Events...'
b) In the upcomming dialog select the 'OnOn' event and click into the 'Command(s)' column and click on 'Edit'
c) In the upcomming 'Control Command Builder' select 'EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG' as the 'Action'
d) Nor enter the following into the 'Parameter' field (without the quotes): "0x90|0|0x19|0x7F"
e) now click on the 'New' button to add that command and finally click on OK
f) the 'OnOn' event now should have the following control-command assigned "EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG 0x90|0|0x19|0x7F"
g) this will turn on the lamp (in red) when the mixer-channel is on.
h) repeat the same for the 'OnOff' event (to turn the lamp off)
i) use the following comamnd here: "EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG 0x90|0|0x19|0x00"

That's it.